Ryujin X Yeji - Butterflies

POV | Yeji

I was walking home from school. Like everyday. You know since I didn't have a car, and my siblings and parents couldn't pick me up. I was used it to by now and really didn't care anymore. My mom made sure I kept peppy spray and a knife just in case guys try to come near me. Which that has happened like 10 times now? I don't know.. when I pulled out that knife, they scattered. I'm more of a violent person.

Anyways, what was so special about today..? I don't know. It was just another day. I played around with my feet, skipping lines along the concrete, almost feeling like a child again. I always used to do the game, "Don't stop on a crack, you'll break your mother's back" I smiled, just thinking of young Yeji.

I was still a child somehow. I still went to bed with stuffed animals. I still eat baby food sometimes. I still watch kids TV. Everyone still has that inner child self in them. I guess you could say I wasn't normal compared to other people or students.

I was diagnosed with PTSD, OCD, and ADHD. Probably the most common disorders but it wasn't normal to have those things. I then saw a plane flying in the area. I quickly tried to run away, afriad of the plane crashing, just like had had happened to me. "Aye! Watch where you're going!" A girl yelled at me because all of the drinks she was carrying to customers fell.

Oh shit. The plane was getting closer. I cried, holding onto the girl's apron tight, and started shaking. "W-what the hell..!" She backed away. The rumbling stopped and I didn't see the plane anymore. I kept looking though. "Aye! You're gonna pay for all those drinks you spilled!"

Then a girl at the table tugged on the waitress's arm, "Hey take an easy on her Ryu. I-I think somethings wrong with her..." That's what I often heard. People whispering about me. About those things. My issues. Something being wrong with me. I looked at them innocently, just trying to show kindness since I didn't mean to bump into her.

"What do you mean somethings wrong with her? You mean she's a freak?" I frowned, looking down, and played with my fingers. I was used to it by now. "Ryujin! That is rude!" Another girl at the table yelled. So Ryujin was her name. She's pretty bitchy. And I don't like being mean and using that language but that hurt.

"So what? I don't need these freaks around here spilling the drinks I made and get paid for." Ryujin says, spitting on the ground. "I'm sorry about that.." This girl with a soft voice and pretty smile stood up and touched my arm. I flinched, jumping back, and holding my arm.

I didn't like to be touched. It reminded me of the flight attendants clinging onto me as my biological family was killed. And I was just a child. That's why I like to.. redo my childhood by doing child things. It brings me a lot of comfort. "Oh I'm sorry.. do you not like being touched?" She apologized, clearly noticing my body language.

"Move away from that freak." The waitress hissed. The girl in front of me growled and mumbled, "Follow me.. I wanna talk with you.." I gulped, knowing my mom says no talking to strangers. But she seemed nice, so I went with her. "Hi, I'm Lia.." She said, being very bubbly.

"I-I'm.. uhh.. what's my name again? Oh right.. uh.. Yeji.." I spoke for the first time. Lia smiled, knowing that I had some sort of disease or something. I kinda hate and love that smile at the same time. Atleast I can still read and understand things clearly. "That's my friend you bumped into, she's not very nice as you can tell, if you can tell." I scoffed, "I can tell and why be friends with her then?" Lia was quite shocked I could speak clear.

"Uh.. well we always go to this shop and we've been friends forever.." I nodded, my attention dozing off to a cloud that looked like a dog. I smiled big, jumping up, and pointing at it, "Papa! Papa got me a dog!" I suddenly remembered when my papa got me Insam. "Huh?" The girl was confused. I smiled, dancing around, and twirled around. "Y-Yeji! You're gonna bump into-" I fell into the trash can with my feet sticking out. "Ow." I said, not knowing why everything was so black.