Chapter 61: Mavis' Birthday

Start from the beginning

MAVIS: Daddy!

Mavis squealed as she hugged Dracula tightly around her arms. She then moved on to her mother and hugged her tightly as well.

MARTHA: Happy Birthday, my beautiful baby.

MAVIS: Aww... thanks, mom.

Both Dracula and Martha notices at the dress that Mavis was wearing and they loved it.

DRACULA: Oh, honey bat. You look so gorgeous on that dress.

MARTHA: Wait, is that my dress?

MAVIS: Dad gave it to me in my Fangceañera. If you want it back.....

MARTHA: No no no, honey. It's all yours. Besides, I think it looks beautiful on you.

DRACULA: Most of the guess are excited to see the birthday girl downstairs. I have so many surprises for you. Woohoo!

MAVIS: Ohhh! I can't wait for it, dad!

MARTHA: Well, we don't want to keep everyone waiting downstairs. Let's go.

MAVIS: You know, I really love celebrating my birthday every year with the entire family. But for the very first time, I never thought there would be a day that I finally got to enjoy my special day with you, mom. I feel like everything is perfect and I don't want to change that.

Mavis immediately went over to her parents and embraced them in a big hug. She even let out a few tears of joy. Dracula and Martha hugged their daughter back and was proud how she has grownup to be.

MARTHA: Oh, Mavis.....

DRACULA: No matter how many years we celebrate your birthday, you'll always be our cute little tarantula.

Right on cue, Johnny and Dennis came in the room both wearing their suit and tie. Dennis brought Winnie along with them but however, Johnny tried his best to pretend his excited but the truth is that he is still feeling guilty about what happened to Gordon.

Johnny's depression was temporarily replaced by a cheerful way when he saw how mesmerizing Mavis is in her dress. The closest he could remember was her 118th birthday and their wedding night.

JOHNNY: Wow. You look beautiful.

MAVIS: Thanks.

Johnny slowly smiled as he was still mesmerized at Mavis' beauty like he was hypnotized. Mavis just simply blushed at Johnny's reply.

DENNIS: Happy Birthday, mommy!

WINNIE: Hi, Mavis. Dennis made you a birthday card.

When Dennis handed Mavis her birthday card, her melted that how adorable it was that her 5 year-old son would make a cute special gift for her mother.

MAVIS: Oh, honey. This is so beautiful. Thank you.

DENNIS: You're welcome, mommy. Me and daddy love you so much.

When Mavis carries Dennis on her arms, she decided to playfully tickle his tummy making him giggle.

JOHNNY: And I actually I wanna give you something.