Part 55 - Baby Blue's

Magsimula sa umpisa

"I....uhm....need to change....uhm....that maternity pad first. Do you think, you can hold her for a moment?"

Gabriel started to beam widely at her. Then he leaned in for another kiss.

"My dear Nathalie, I wouldn't have let go of her yet, if I had been able to make her feel the way you do. It feels like magic, seeing you sooth our daughter just as easily as you do!"

His wife scoffed.

"Yeah, it's probably, because I'm the one with her breakfast. Or at least I hope I will be soon, if I ever will be enough for her!" Her eyes started to fill with tears as she instantly felt self conscious and as if she would be a disappointment as a mother to her daughter and to Gabriel. She just wanted to cry, each time Hélène tried to satiate her hunger and couldn't because....., well obviously because of her being a failure!

The compassionate man pulled her closer and pressed his lips to her temple. He kept them there for some time, feeling her light sobs, as he soothingly hummed:

"Shush, my love. Please don't cry. Look at her! She looks so relaxed and calm right now, though her eyes are open and she holds on to your hair. You will see, the moment I hold her again, she will start to cry!"

Nathalie sniffled one more time, then gave him a loving smile.

"Thank you, Gabriel. I don't know myself, why I overreacted like that."

She shook her head in disbelief.

Gabriel knew exactly, why she was like that. But he wanted to give her a little more time, to calm down and have her coffee, before he told her.

With a lovely smile, he now kissed her cheek again, to then carefully grab Hélène under her arms, his thumbs on the front, while his fingers gave support to her head. The baby though was still holding a strand of Nathalie's hair in a tight grasp and it took them both some time, to carefully get it untangled without hurting her.

Now the proud father placed her in the crook of his arm and said affectionately:

"Hi my little sweetheart. Do you think you can stand, being with your daddy for a moment and give mummy a little time for herself? I promise, as soon, as she comes back, you can cuddle back into her arms. Deal?"

Gabriel now laid his index finger into the newborn's palm and as soon as she grabbed it, he shook her hand very gently. The new sensation though, caused Hélène to smile at him.

Nathalie left for the bathroom, after watching hat scene with a smile. But the very moment she was alone, she felt awful again. All she wanted to do was cuddle into Gabriel's chest and cry. But at the same time, she wanted to get started for the day and show her daughter the world. She had hoped, after her child was born, she could get her emotions back under control. Then she suddenly remembered, what the chef from the hotel had said to her, that the crying would get better, after it got worse.

She had read about the so called baby-blue's, but she wouldn't have thought, it would hit her that fast and right out of nowhere. She sighed, and went to the toilet, trying to ignore the pain, when the urin ran over her sore and bruised intimates, while she couldn't believe, how long she took to pee. What nobody had told her before, and what she only would find out about later, when she would do a little research on the internet, was that after having the baby putting a constant pressure onto her bladder, she should go to the toilet regularly, best would be to set an alarm, because she wouldn't sense her bladder to be full, as she usually would.

The young mother was barely finished with everything, when she heard that Hélène was starting to fuzz again. So she hurried out of the bathroom, and almost bumped into Gabriel.