Blood on her Hands

Começar do início

Dom leaned on the edge—looking out at the island seas. The brushing winds blowing his shirt as he looked at the waves crash on the beach below the home.

"Hey," Brian walks over. He takes a look out at the view and scoffs. "I think your view is better than mine."

Dom chuckled. "Best pick if you ask me. I liked this view the best. It reminds me of her,"

"Letty?"

Shaking his head, he gives a sad smile. "No. Nicole." He picks up his beer. "She always loved beaches. Since she was a kid, it was always something about them."

Brian takes his gaze down to the family photo of Dom and Letty holding a six year old Nicole. It sat on the table close the view; just like Nicole would love it. The chain of Nicole wrapped to hang over the frame, along with a flower and few candles.

"Nicole had the right idea about beaches."

"It was supposed to be the place I was going to take her after L.A." Dom smile falls. "I think I sit out here every morning for her. A part of me thinks she is going be to come knocking on that door."

"Dom, if you want to look for her. We can-"

"I know she's gone Brian." Dom hated to admit, he gives his brother a brave stare. "I told you the moment we made this decision, that life is over. Your going to be a family man soon." He pats his back making Brian chuckle. "I learned what happened when you don't leave behind the past. I lost what I was supposed to hold onto....I'm not letting you do that."

"Dom-"

"At all." Dom points. "I'll be okay. I'm not alone living in here."

"I'm glad your not." Brian nods. "Though Nicole would have tried to drop kick Elena, for the first time."

Dom grins a throaty chuckle. "She would, I know she wouldn't like any of this."

Brian shakes his head. "I don't think that."

Dons brow raised. "You met Nicole? And her mother?"

Brian laughs. "Yes, and I know they wouldn't hold it against you, Dom. Life still goes on and though she wouldn't like it, I know Nicole is happy you have someone like Elena here with you. She never wanted you to be alone. It's okay to try and live your life Dom. That's what they would want."

"I know," Dom agrees. "Thank you,"

"Your welcome." Brian nods his head back. "Come on, maybe you can give me that race again. Minus the baby gift and cheating."

"Your never going to let go of the past, are you, O'Conner."

"That's because you always do it." Brian follows him.

Dom didn't have everything but who he did have he would hold onto and keep them safe. Never again would he drag his family into meaningless jobs.

They were finally with some peace and that's how he intended to keep it for a long time....

_____

Officers walked into the computer room from the silent alarm going off. Guns pointed inside the illuminated dark room, they eyed the different computers and booths.

A few of their fellow men were there laid out.

Stepping down to one, he checked for a pulse. "He's breathing."

Hearing typing; the other officer broke away from his partner. "Stay with them."

Going around the corner, he walks down the hall.