Part 36 - Results and consequences

Start from the beginning

Slowly the pregnant woman woke from her stupor and gazed at him.

"I-I...you...y-your face....th-th-the w-way you looked at me...it was the same when....h-he....ripped o-o-off....my clothes......t-t-to......give me my...p-p-punishm-m-ment...I....know you would n-never...but I felt...like..." Nathalie's eyes filled with tears while she spoke. "I'm s-so s-s-sorry, Gabriel, I wanted to be there f-for you and I screwed it up ag-gain. Why d-don't you j-j-just go on? I'll try t-to..."

He shut her up with a kiss. Then he stood up and made her stand as well, to instantly lift ehr up bridal style and sit back down, holding her on his lap, their lips still connected.

Holding his woman tight to himself, after he managed to hurt her for the surely hundredth time, he eventually parted their lips. After placing his right hand on her belly to caress it softly, being once more surprised by the strength of the baby's kicks, Gabriel looked at Nathalie remorsefully.

"I'm really sorry, that I scared you, my love. I was so longing for you, that I could hardly control myself. I shouldn't have even tried to touch you in that mental state. I'm so sorry!" He leaned his forehead against hers. "One day, I will do something that stupid, that you will leave me forever. Please Nathalie, promise me something."

"What's that", she asked in a gentle tone and laid her left hand on his cheek, her thumb caressing it softly.

"I know, I asked that of you before, but back then you just said, for now you won't. I beg you Nathalie, don't ever leave me!"

The assistant placed her index finger under his chin and lifted his head up to feather a kiss in his lips.

"That's something I still can't promise. 'But', I do promise you, that I will stay with you as long as you want me by your side. And as long as nobody will be in danger, mentally or physically, because of us", she responded to his plead.

Gabriel sighed.

"That's not what I was hoping for, but I'll have to take what I can get, right?"

He smiled wearily.

"I would like to ask something from you as well, Gabriel."

Now the designer raised an eyebrow in surprise, as she usually didn't ask for anything.

"Oh?", he teased, "what might that be Miss Sancoeur?"

"You have told me so many times, to not be so self conscious and think so low of myself. I am asking the same from you. It wasn't your fault that I was reminded of my past. Neither was it mine. It just happened. And when I asked you to just continue, I was being serious. From the very first moment you touched me in a more than just comforting or friendly way, I longed for that touch. And it's getting stronger every day. I thought it would stop or become less with the time, but it just doesn't!", she reluctantly explained.

"Nathalie, I would never...I made you fall into a state where you...I could never..."

He vigorously shook his head.

"It would be like I was taking you by force if I did that. I love to look at you and to touch you, but not while I hurt you, alright, Love?"

Nathalie was about to respond, when she suddenly started giggling. Gabriel gave her a bewildered look.

"What...are you laughing at me? Did I..."

"No!", she snorted, "don't tell me, you don't feel that!"

"I don't feel wha...." And then he 'did' feel it. His unborn child was kicking or punching against his hand to then press firmly against his touch, then kick him again. His eyes instantly filled with tears again.