Taken back (Pt. 2)

*Buckys POV*

She missed me.

Was it wrong?

Was it not okay to fall in love again?

Is it supposed to stay the same way?

Scarlett finished her cereal and pushed the bowl aside.

"Daddy!" She called.

She snapped me out my thoughts and an immediate smile grew across my face.

"Yes sweetie?" I answered looking in her eyes.

Her smile grew wider like she knew what I was thinking about. She always knew. She was the best thing that every happened to me besides her mother...and...Y/n.

Y/n. She was there even before life went on for me. She was and still is my best friend. It wasn't hard for me to go to her first, she's even placed first above Steve. She was my everything when I had nothing. Her and Steve were the two closest people I've ever had.

"I know you're thinking about Y/n!" She said giggling and moving in her seat.

"What makes you say that?" I asked.

I felt the blush rise on my face. She really was all I could think about. Her eyes, her hair, the way she's comfortable with what she wears, the fact that she dosen't need to wear makeup, her curves, every inch of her was all I could think about.

And I couldn't help but think it's wrong.

But, she took such good care of Scarlett. Scarlett looks up to her. She's all she could ever think about, she's all that I could think about.

"You love her. Dad, you have to tell her." Scarlett insisted.

"For an 6 year old you know a lot about love." I replied leaning on the counter taking a sip of my coffee.

"Please! For me?" She asked doing her pouty lip thing.

Jesus. Is an 6 year old making a better case than me?

"I will. I just...don't know when. Just be patient okay?" I asked.

"Okay!" She responded getting up from her seat and running to Y/n's room.

I shook my head with a smile and continued drinking my coffee.

I might just.

*3rd person POV*

Scarlett knocked on your door and you paused your game getting off the bed in your criss cross position.

You opened the door to find a happy Scarlett. You swear you can't get enough of her.

"Hey Scar! What's up?" You asked letting her in.

"Nothing. What are you doing?" She asked raising an eyebrow.

"Uhm..." You tried coming up with an answer. She was to young to start playing COD or any kind of gun game, "Watching SpongeBob. Wanna join?"

"Yes!" She squealed.

You nodded letting her in and immediately changed the game to SpongeBob on TV. You left the door slightly open and grabbed the gummy bears for the both of you. She liked all the ones except for red, she found it nasty. You sat on the bed criss cross and Scarlett sat in between your legs. You ate the red gummy bears and watched SpongeBob.

You saw Bucky headed twords your door but thought nothing of it. He knocked and you let him in. He open a the door to find you and Scarletts cheeks full of gummy bears with your chin on her head and SpongeBob playing in the back.