Chambers

Water Chamber.

The one place that has your nerves on 1000. The one place where if you drown, that's it, the air you have, that's it. Currently, you and Bucky were stuck in them. Separate. He was right next to you, like the glass was connected but had a wall in between the two of you. The water was already starting to rise, you were trying your best not to have a panic attack. Your voices were muffled by the walls. Sound proof glass.

How did you get here?

A mission went south. What was supposed to be getting information and leaving, turned into getting caught and thrown into a glass box. Like a couple of guinea pigs. You were freezing. Sitting in a corner with your knees to your chin, shaking so violently that your brain might as well shake with you. Your skin was pale, the little sunlight mixed with cold water had that kind of effect on you. Bucky, on the other hand was trying to break out. Each punch he threw to the glass was harder than the next, but each one did nothing. His knuckles were starting to bleed. He was trying not to have a panic attack himself, not to fall apart but to get you two out of there and back home. Or just you. He would gladly take his last breath if that meant you'd make it out alive, if he knew you'd be okay, if he knew that you'd be safe from then on out.

The water was now at knee level. You squeezed your eyes shut breathing heavy, your panic attack was on egde ready to fully be thrown at you. Bucky banged on the glass getting your attention, you looked over at him and quickly made your way to the wall. He was talking, good for you that you both can read lips.

"I'll get you out of here, okay? I'll get you home." He reassured.

Even though you couldn't hear him, you could hear the cracks in his voice. The somewhat doubt that he can do it. Tears pricked your eyes.

"Please." Your voice cracked as well, "I can't get out."

"Don't panic. Don't panic, doll. I got you."

You nodded your head closing your eyes, trying your best not to break down. Water was always against you for as long as you could remember. When you were 5, you almost drowned learning to swim because no one was paying attention. You were 16 in H.Y.D.R.A when they put you in the same chambers and let you black out until they needed you again. That feeling. The feeling of water filling your lungs, the air leaving your system in bubbles, the pounding headache, aching feeling to be set free. All of it. And you sure as hell didn't want to go through that again. Bucky kept trying and trying to break out, but, soon got nothing out of it. You saw his expression change and you knew by the looks of his face, a blood curling scream filled his ears. That only made your fear worse. Your panic attack finally broke through your walls and you began crying, having trouble breathing, and you were shaking. You were over thinking everything by now, every nerve in your body was shaking rapidly. Almost as if they were trying to break free from you.

Adding to the panic, the water level was up to your chest now. The box was only 7 inches taller than you. So you both were running out of air, fast. Bucky didn't stop though. He kept punching the glass. Left and right. His strength was no match for this situation and he knew it, he was trying not to give in. He was supposed to protect you, that no harm or danger would come to you, that you'd be safe in his arms. Always. Soon, the water reached the top. You gathered all the air you could and banged on the glass. You knew that even if the glass did break, James would make it out. Being the super soldier he is, that meant every part of him was enhanced times 10. Which also meant, he could hold his breath at least up to 30 minutes. You were running out of time and running out fast, very fast. You saw the doors open and in came Tony.

How the hell did he find you two?

You didn't even question it. You banged on the glass as hard as you could. He saw you and started doing something to his suit. He probably wasn't prepared to see you two in water chambers. That's when you vision was covered in black spots. When you felt the air officially leave your lungs, when you hit the floor.