Dad

So, this was like the story "Mom" but switched. Instead, you're the baby and Bucky takes care of you. Different scenarios but somewhat alike.

Warning: Cussing. I think.

Bucky searched the base for anymore information they might need. Being back in the same base had him cautious. Very cautious. He was so uneasy that he got startled by his own breathing once or twice.

"See anything?" Steve asked through comms.

"Nothing. I think we're go-" Bucky stopped short once he saw the doors he used to be behind, "Hold that thought. Give me a second."

"Hurry. We're blowing this up as soon as you step outside." Sam warned.

Bucky crept to thr doors and put his back to it. Gripping his gun tighter put of anxiety, he was somewhat ready to face what was behind those doors. He slowly pushed them open to find the room lit with one light and a figure in the shadows. He aimed his gun at the figure which made them jump, Buckys heart skipped a beat when it moved. Clenching his jaw, he saw the little feet stick out of them. He creased his eyebrows and lowered his weapon putting it back in the holster.

"Who are you?" He asked in a rather demanding tone.

"G-go a-away." They responded in a rather broken tone.

Bucky immediately knew this was a prisoner, one who's been used and hurt. He mumbled under his breath contemplating on weather or not he should break them out. If he does, that means H.Y.D.R.A will be looking for him twice as hard, but if he doesn't that means you'll die in the explosion. He couldn't have that on his conscious, not another one. He walked a little closer and this time you curled in a ball as far into the wall as you could go. He bent down on one knee and stuck out his hand, a pained expression on his face when you flinched.

"Come on, I won't hurt you. I know you're scared but you can't stay here." He whispered.

"I-I don't w-want too...." Your voice cracked.

"I know, I know. I was like you, but you can't stay. Please, I don't want you to die."

You were hesitant to even move, but you eventually did. You slowly grabbed his hand and he picked you up wrapping both hands around you. You couldn't have been over 6 years old. Bucky felt sorry, since he left they've been getting more and more harsh on the people of this world. Knowing H.Y.D.R.A, your parents were either dead or moved, and you were left behind. He made it outside as you gripped his neck tighter. He rubbed your back and moved twords the QinJet. Sitting you down in a seat you immediately reached our your arms so he could pick you up again.

"Hold on, I have to do something. Stay right there." He said pointing a finger at you and moving to the front of the Jet.

You did as told and sat there. Your knees brought to your chest as you buried your head in them. Bucky went to talk to Steve about the base before they took off. Steve eventually had Tony fly them out of there as he bombed the base.

"I don't know what I'm going to do with her." Bucky whispered looking at you.

"You can't just get rid of her. That's not how these things work Buck." Steve mumbled back.

"I can't be a father! Look at her! She's so innocent, how am I supposed to be a father to her?! I don't even know the first thing about parenthood." He whisper yelled back pointing at you.

"Well, you're going to have to try. You can't just throw her put. Besides, if she's anything like you, you know how to handle this kind of thing."

"Fine." Bucky sighed, "I'll try."