Visitor

Hi guys, it's been a minute. This just came to mind, still doing requests. Life has gotten busy 😪

Word count: 994

Warning: Cussing.

The Tower was rather quiet. No yelling, no machines, no training, no nothing. That was- until the doors opened.

You looked up from your book and your eyes widened. You immediately stood up and raced over to him blocking him from any other eyes. He gave you a smile and you gave a nervous one back when Bucky walked in.

"Doll? Whatcha doin?" Bucky cooed as he came to a stop, "Steve? I just- how did you-?"

"Steve? Ew. No. My names Ransom. Ransom Drysdale." He answered.

"What-"

"Ransom! We talked about this! You can't just travel between dimensions just cause!" You scolded.

"I didn't! You took your ability back remember? Besides, some fucker named Stranger brought me here. Said something about staying while he fixes my world?" Ransom ended in a question, "So, I'm came to crash here. Seems your quite the buzz."

You groaned as Ransom made himself comfortable in your spot on the couch and started to snack on your chips. Bucky pulled you to the side and gave a stern look that immediately had you explain.

"Remember that mission I went on with Strange last week? Yeah well our mission was a "Save another dimension or yours is doomed" kinda thing and I ran into Ransom who looked a lot like Steve, I mistook him for Steve and Strange oddly needed him so he helped us save the world and then we got to talking before I had to leave and we got close so now he's here beacuse the same thing happened again." You explained in one breath.

"Okay. One, that was a lot and two, what the hell are we going to do about him?!" Bucky responded in a whisper.

"I don't know. But we can't hide him, he's to obvious."

"Guess we'll have to keep him here and not throw him away." Bucky mumbled, "You sure we can't throw him away?"

"Yes Buck, I'm sure."

He sighed and with a good luck expression, he kissed your forehead and headed twords Steve.

"Y/n you fucker. You ate my cookies!" Ransom shouted.

You sighed pinching the bridge of your nose, "Don't second think. Don't second think."

*Time skip 2 days*

Ransom was a handful, yes. But, he was like an annoying yet funny brother to you. Whenever Steve came in Ransom woukd be startled and say, "Shit. It's like a creepy overbuilt shadow following me everywhere." You'd laugh here and there or just smile at his expression, over all, he had to go. Bucky was beginning to get annoyed by the slightest sound of even his breathing. He'd ask every now and then if he could choke him out and you'd simply give him a stern look that he took as a no. Strange was supposed to be back tonight and send Ransom home, which what you didn't know, was that he didn't want to leave. He hated his drama, he hated the fact that he had to fight for what's his, he hated his world and liked yours better. He didn't want to leave, not yet.

Bucky stayed with Steve for the time being because of the dumb shit called "Bro time", but occasionally came to your room to cuddle. He could never stay away for to long. Ransom slept on the couch and everytime he'd catch someone off guard they'd cuss under their breath and continue their day. Ransom would come in your room and chat with you while he sat and ate his snacks whilst watching your TV. He wasn't so bad, but he was like a 5 year old kid needing attention 24/7.

You were in your room watching TV when a knock came to your door. You sat your cheetos to the side and dusted your hands off, getting up from your bed. You cleaned a little just incase they wanted to come in and talk. Opening the door, you saw Ransom standing there with a small smile.

"Oh, man! If I'd known it was you I wouldn't have cleaned." You whined gesturing for him to come in, "What's up?"

He cleared his throat clinging his eyebrows together, "You uh...you busy?"

"That's an odd question. Usually you don't care. Why?" You asked raising an eyebrow.

"It's just- I don't want to leave. I know I can be a pain in the ass most times and I know it's hard to accept that I'm here- but I really like this place. I don't want to leave it yet."

Your eyes widened. Ransom Drysdale is never one to expression how he feels through a speech, he's never one to say how he feels out loud. He was always the quiet, hide in the shadows, blend in, and plot kind of guy. You never thought he'd be so sensitive to things like this. You got up from your bed and stood infront of him with a sad smile plastered on your face.

"Ransom, you know you can come anytime you want. You just can't bust in unannounced. You're a pain in the ass, yes, but you're also a funny guy. The kind of person I look up to better than anyone around here. I promise you're not a burden." You spoke softly, "Besides, if you leave, there's always another catastrophe bound to happen in your dimension that has you bring your ass back over here."

He laughed at your comment and nodded his head bringing you in for a hug. After a while, he pulled away when Strange arrived in your room.

"Time to go. I fixed the problem." Strange announced.

"Bye Y/n, and thanks for the horrible, sappy, and emotional pep talk." Ransom mocked.

You laughed, "Bye Ransom."

Before he walked through the portal, he turned back twords you and shouted, "You're boyfriends scary! Put him in rice!"