Cut short

You are laying in Bucky's bed, his head in your lap and his hand intertwined with yours. Your fingers running through his hair, the now short hair.

Do you miss it? Of course.

But, Bucky didn't want long hair anymore. He was tired of always having to put it up or pin it back, he's sees the pain of the process for some women's hair. So, a couple days ago he solved that issue by cutting it, Steve helped him. You didn't want to do it incase you messed it up, but once you saw his locks on the bathroom floor you fell with them. Your heart sank at the sight before you, the beautiful brunette locks, the one's that you could French braid, put in a ponytail, man bun, and even help wash. Nevertheless, you feel as though his short style is better. It's still as soft, easier to comb through, far more fun to play with, and the best style you've seen him in your entire life.

Shifting in his position, Bucky let out a soft yawn and snuggled deeper into your lap. Looking up at you with his tired baby blue eyes, you looked down at him and smiled. He returned the gesture and put both hands on the sides of your face, pulling you in just inches from his lips.

"Hi, doll." He breathed.

"Hi, Bucky." You smiled.

He licked his lips and pulled you in closer, ceasing the gap between you two. The kiss was short but full of passion and love. He was the first to pull away, running his thumb over your bottom lip with a smile. Shifting once more, he sat up and pulled you onto his lap wrapping his arms around you. You got comfortable and slowly started to slip away into sleep, he played with your hair while you made soft cute noises. He was a lucky man, he had everything he ever wanted, you. Being without you was like torturing himself, he was happy that you helped him deal with his trama. Nightmares and everything. Even when he snapped and his Winter Soldier mode kicked in, it would take a few seconds- but after hearing your voice he'd be back. He'd be back with you.

Hearing your light snores, Bucky smiled to himself and shifted one last time. Careful not to wake you up. He laid on his back and put you ontop of him, you snuggled deeper into him, your head resting in the crook of his neck. He kissed your shoulder and wrapped his arms around you, soon finding the same peace you are in as well. He's happy he found you, knowing this would never end, he's happy he gets to spend the rest of his life with you.

He's happy he found the one for him.