Living Nightmare

Warning: In a certain part if the story it gets dark. REAL DARK.

You were warned.

This story is somewhat short.

ENJOY!!!!

1000+ words

You woke up in a hospital bed. You were still in your mission clothes, but there was this wrap around your head. You pulled it off and got off the bed. Every bone in your body was crying for help but you ignored it.

What were you doing in a hospital?

Where is everybody?

You left the room and walked the hospital. No one was there. It made you feel uneasy, very, but maybe there was someone outside. There has to be, there's a world full of people out there. You stole a snack out the vending machine and headed out the doors. The streets were empty, the only thing on them was rubble and paper. The wind was blowing and you could feel the shivers in your body grow.

You creased your eyebrows in confusion.

Where the hell are you?

You left the hospital and started walking the streets, no cars, no traffic lights, no building of people working. You stopped and creased your eyebrows once again trying to process what happened to you. You tried and tried and tried but everything in your mind was blurry.

If no one was here, who patched you up?

You felt scared. Why was no one here?

You continued walking down the street. You saw the Tower and a smile came across your face. Someone had to be there, at least J.A.R.V.I.S. You ran to the building and entered the doors. Everything was messed up.

Papers were everywhere, the walls had holes in them, the couches were flipped, another wall had huge scratch marks on it, and yet again, there was no one in sight. You called for J.A.R.V.I.S but he didn't answer. Now, you were really scared.

You ran to Buckys room only to find nothing and no one. You ran to everyone's room, they were all empty. Your heart quickened at the thought that you were alone. You hated being alone, you didn't like having no one by your side. It wasn't hard to figure out that the world was empty, or maybe it wasn't. You went to the roof of the Tower and saw the chopper. You got in it and lifted off the ground headed somewhere. Where's there's people, music, laughing, smiles, and hopefully friends.

You set the chopper to auto pilot and pulled out your phone. The first person you called was Steve.

"We are sorry but the person you are trying to call has a line that has not been set up yet. Please, try again later."

That was all you got. The line was down, you called everyone on your phone. None of them picked up.

You groaned in anger, pain, and fear. You looked down below you and all you saw was rubble. Buildings ontop of buildings, cement crashed with cement, you could only pray that someone was out there. Waiting, searching.

Just then, the helicopter hit something. You looked to see what it was but nothing was there, the uneasy feeling set in your stomach as you realized control of the chopper and had it crash land in a clear area. You were upside down, your leg was caught in between the seat and a metal bar. You eventually got out and climbed out of the helicopter. You looked around to see what it was that hit you but nothing.

You saw nothing.

You continued walking down the empty streets only to hear mumbling. Your body tensed at the sound and you moved a little faster. The talking got louder and louder until it felt like it was right behind you. You were shaking and on the verge of tears.

Why you?

Why did you have to be stuck here?

You felt a hand lightly touch your shoulder and you jumped. You looked behind you but nothing was there. You wiped your eyes and continued heading down the street. You came across your (Guardians) house and opened the door. You stepped in and your boots landed on broken glass.

Her house was lit up. The kitchen light was on, the living room light was on, the bathroom, bedroom, and laundry room. There were claw marks on their walls. The same ones you saw at the tower.

You looked around the house and no one was there. It wasn't a surprise but your hopes definitely died out. You left the house and once again, headed down the street.

How was no one here?

Did something happen?

Who saved you if everyone is gone?

You stopped and thought about where someone, anyone, could be. You remember Nat saying something about a safe house. One far, far from here. If you were going to get to that safe house, you needed a fast way there. The Helicarriers are probably long gone by now, so you'd have to fish for something else.

You continued walking when you felt a hand on your shoulder again. You junked and saw a shadow. An actual shadow infront of you. It was like you were looking right through it but you were looking at it.

"Safe....time."

Just as quickly as it came, it left. You were freaking out. You were stranded in your city with no one with you, you don't know how you got there, no one was here, and there are creepy shadows looking and following you.

You turned and ran into another one. This one was holding a knife. It didn't say a word.

You tried turning and running away but another one came. Pretty soon, you were surrounded by these things. What they wanted? You don't know. All you know is that they are trying to kill you. One grabbed you by your arm and dragged the knife down it.

"Bleed...."

You tried to scream but nothing came out. It was like your mouth was wired shut. You couldn't say anything. You broke free from their grasp and ran like hell. You screamed out for anyone, anything. You screamed for Tony, Bucky, Nat, Wanda, Peter, Sam, everyone.

Just like those demonds can read your mind, eveyone was infront of you. Dead. Ropes were around their necks hanging them from air. The first person you saw was Bucky. He didn't move. He was stuck. He was dead.

"Y/n! Y/n!"

You felt two hands on your shoulders infront of you but no one was there. You felt like someone was shaking you. You jolted up and fell on the floor. You scrambled to your feet and looked around. You noticed how you were back in the Tower, in your room, with your Bucky. He looked at you in concern and you eyed him making sure he wasn't dead.

"Doll, what happened?" He asked in his husky voice.

You stood straight letting your shoulders fall and tears brim your eyes. Your breathing was heavy and you helped back a sob. Bucky got up from his bed and came over to you putting both hands on your arms rubbing them up and down.

He pulled you in for a hug and you hugged him tighter. He kissed your temple and you let tears fall.

"Can you promise me something?" You asked in a whisper.

He hummed in response as you took him in for a second. The way he wrapped his arms around you, his voice, his scent, his everything. If he was gone, you don't know what you'd do. If he wasn't here with you, if anyone wasn't here with you, you'd loose it.

You HATED being alone.

"Promise me you won't leave. P-promise me. Please." Your voice cracked from the sob you held back.

"I promise. I promise." He repeated in your ear.

He kissed behind your ear and you buried your face in the crook of his neck. He picked you up as you wrapped your legs around his waist and brought you to the bed. He laid down on his back and continued rubbing yours. He drew random shapes on your back that you decided to focus on. You soon felt sleepy once more and began to drift off.

"I love you." He whispered before drifting himself.

"I love you too."