Jefferson: Can you help?

It was weird. Not like a "That guy is eating a banana with grapes" weird but a "How do I believe this story?" weird.

You found yourself in a giant mansion with a guy named Jefferson. He saw you down the street, offered you to tea which you didn't like but you were being nice, conversations happened, laughs were shared, then boom.

Everything went dark.

You woke up in a room. A big room. A hat room. You looked around as your eyes adjusted to the light in your face. A confused look took over when you saw Jefferson sitting across from you watching. Just...watching.

"Jesus man! Am I being integrated? I feel like I am." You said calmly siting back in your chair.

Your skin made contact with the cold metal that you sat in as goosebumps rose on your arms. Your black tank top was not useful right now and your coat was in the living room where you left it.

Jefferson got up and walked to the table as he rested his hands on it and bit his lip. He looked at you as you raised an eyebrow.

"You do that everytime I need something." He whispered to himself.

"I do? I didn't noti- wait! How did you know that?" You asked sitting up.

"I can't get it to work! I need the hat to work in order to go back. I want to go back with you. Grace. I need help." He said balling his hands into fists as anger and sadness took over his face.

"Help. You want me to help? And who's Grace? Wait...go back where?" You rambled.

He swiped his hands off the table and tangled them in his roots. He pulled his hair as he faced away from you. He turned back around and dragged his hands down his face as he took a deep breath.

"You don't remember. Why don't you remember?" He shouted.

"Uh, possibly because I don't know?" You shot back.

"I don't want to remember! I'm the only one in this God forsaken place who remembers and its driving me crazy!" He yelled kicking over a tower of hats.

"Remembering is enough to make you mad. Not remembering is enough to kill you inside." You told him.

He looked over at you and stared.

"You think I'm mad? You don't believe me do you!?" He laughed.

"I didn't say that! I....I actually kinda believe you. But...I don't know much about hats." You admitted taking off the rope around your hands.

Oddly, Jefferson didn't stop you. He knows you, once you believe someone you don't back down until you've helped them. Only when its sounds right and you're not getting in trouble. Most times.

"You'll help me?" He asked with pleading eyes.

"I will. But! You have to explain this whole...magic thing." You said giving an offer to him.

"Now you won't believe me." He whispered.

"I will. Now talk." You said sitting back down in your chair.

*Time skip brought to you by Jefferson trying out his hat and teleported to your house irl accidentally*

"So...we're all from Wonderland. I'm your wife. There's a curse going around and our daughter Grace is here and they renamed her Paige?" You asked going through everything.

"Y-yes...and I got my head cut off after I helped the Evil Queen get what she wanted but she tricked me." Jefferson corrected.

"Uhm, cha! She's Evil it's what she does! It's literally in her name." You pointed out.