Saving the dead

Requested by themoonskid

They were all asleep. In their own dreams, some good and some bad. You however, were about to sneak out the Tower. Not for some late night drive, sneaking out to a party, going to see friends, no- you were about to save your boyfriend. Everyone said they were doing all they can to find him, but for you sleeping isn't one of them. You found his location on your own and set out, bringing everything you need with you in a backpack. Your mission suit was strapped on and you quickly and quietly left the Tower. Pulling out your motorcycle, you left. Not a trace of you to be seen, just the way you wanted it. After a good 30 minutes, you found the H.Y.D.R.A base and hid in the forest. Your bike hiding as well. You saw all the trip wires and strings, landmines, and even set up bombs. You couldn't make your presence known, it would be easier to get to him without a crowd.

"Okay." You whispered to yourself, "Let's see what's waiting, huh?"

You pressed the side button in your watch that pulled up the schematics of the base. In silent victory if downloading them, you memorized the pathway in and out and set off. Your feet not even making a sqeak as you traveled the halls, your gun in your hand and your eyes searching for that door. You had to take out a few agents here and there, only because they saw you. As much as you wanted to kill everyone in here for what they did, you planned that at the end. You found the door and found a guard standing at the door, he was big. Maybe Bucky big. But, you've taken down bigger. You jumped on his back, covering his mouth of any screams and yells, and took a syringe from off the floor. You stuck it in his neck and pushed the yellow liquid in his system. Behind your hand, he was screaming like hell. Trying to get you off in a hurry. Whatever you just put in him knocked him out quick, maybe even killed the guy. You shrugged off your thoughts and kicked down the door.

Your eyes met. You saw the relief in his eyes, the immediate and genuine relief. He was strapped to a chair, they were about to wipe him either again or for the first time. The doctors sped walked to you, you were quick to take out your gun and put a bullet in each head as you walked by. Bodies dropping with every footstep you made. You kneeled by Buckys side and cut the straps off his arms and legs. You stood up and tore the machine into peices, each shard of metal falling to the floor with a little spark. Bucky quickly wrapped you in a hug from behind, he didn't care about the multiple brusies and scars he had. He was happy to see you. You turned in his arms and cupped his face, tears hitting the pad of your fingers.

"Hey." He breathed, a small smile on his face.

"Hey, you okay?" You asked, checking him.

He shook his head, "I don't think so- maybe?"

His brain was clearly fogged up as he looked around.

"Where is everyone else?" He questioned, looking back at you.

"They uh.....didn't come. Mostly because it's 4am and their sleep." You explained, "I was just really, really worried about you so I came without them. Bastards."

He smiled and sighed, his body falling limp against you. You caught him and saw the new scars, some old ones that opened up, a few brusies, and blood dripping off the side of his head. They really did a number on him. He wasn't unconscious, but he was getting there. You pulled him to your side, wrapping hid arm around the back of your neck, and helped him out into the hallway. You set the bomb and had exactly 10 minutes to get out of that hell hole, which is exactly what you did. You two made it in the forest and on your bike, you made sure he was strapped in okay before the bomb went off. Multiple peices of concrete, metal, and plastic flew everyone. Maybe reaching 30 meters. The large mushroom of smoke could be seen for miles. Bucky laid his head on your back and wrapped his arms around your waist pulling himself closer to you. With the amount of blood he lost, he wouldn't make it to the Tower. He was already loosing conscious and you didn't need to add death to the list.