I Do Exist

Yoongi's POV-

When Kook came back from the bathroom his mood had changed quite a bit.

His previously bright expression had noticeably dimmed but I could tell he was trying his best to keep a happy smile on his face.

I wanted so badly to ask what happened, whatever it was had to have occurred in the five minutes since he had left and gotten back to the table, but I didn't want to pry.

I think I have been too persistent lately.

I haven't meant for him to feel like he is being pushed to talk when he doesn't want to, but I think I have made him feel that way despite the effort I put in to not be pushy.

With this in mind I decide to let it go this time.

Besides, I know that the next activity will lift his mood back up. It has to.

We left the restaurant not long after he got back to the table, getting back into the car to go to our last destination of the night.

As we exit the car to make our way down the lighted path, my hand entwined tightly with his, I am finding it hard to not just break out into a sprint to get to our destination faster.

We take our time though, myself forcing my feet to keep a steady pace.

He wraps both his arms around my right arm as we stroll along, leaning his head against my shoulder.

We walk in a comfortable silence but as the end of our path comes into view his steps slow as he stands up a little straighter.

His arms are still holding mine so I continue towards the way we were going casually but the closer I get the harder it becomes for him to keep up with me.

I couldn't help the smug grin that plays on my lips as I feel Kook's hold on my arm begin to loosen before he lets go entirely to stop waking all together.

I continue on a little further so I'm closer to the end of the path before I turn in his direction to face him.

Behind me is stood a white piano under a pavilion next to the river that has been lit up with fairy lights, courtesy of Taehyung, and a bottle of chilled red wine for us to share along with two glasses.

We are close enough to the water's edge that the lights reflect on the calm waves of the water. It's captivating.

Yes, the backdrop behind me is gorgeous, but it pales in comparison to the perfection of the beautiful man in front of me.

With a shaky voice I hear him ask "Yooni, what is this?"

I gulp nervously and take a deep breath as he gazes at me with his gorgeous brown, curious eyes.

"In the short time I've known you, you have become the most important person to me. Before I even officially met you I was fascinated by you, and that fascination increased ten fold that day you strolled into my living room without a care in the world and a smirk on your face.

"That signature, defiant smirk of yours that let me know you weren't going to put up with my bullshit or be intimidated by me, despite my best efforts," I tease.

"There is so much more to you than I could have ever imagined. You are a handsome, kind, intelligent, intuitive, empathetic, genuine person... And you might be the first guy I let top me. But, it's a big might." I chuckle with a wink.

He laughs breathily through his tears as I begin to walk towards him, my eyes starting to tear up as well the closer I get to him.

Once I am in front of him I bring my hand up to nip his cheek while the other rests on his waist.

"Jeon Jungkook, I am head over heals, madly, undoubtably, so fucking crazy in love with you." I smile, eyes continuing to fill with tears.

As soon as the words leave my mouth a soft sob escapes from him as his tears start to fall.

He takes a step closer to me, placing one hand on my forearm while the other slides up and around the back of my neck so he can rake his fingers through my hair, all while his eyes continue to stare deeply into mine.

"I thought I heard you say you liked me blonde." I smirk as I stare into his mesmerizing brown orbs.

He smiles gently before he brings his lips to mine in a soft yet emotional kiss. Just as he is about to pull away he whispers with his lips still feathering across mine.

"I love you, Yooni."

"And I love you, Kook." I whisper back before we reconnect our lips in a more passionate kiss, moving seamlessly together, feeling completely immersed in our own perfect world until a noise is heard from a short distance away.

"Did you hear that?" He says as we both begin to look around for the source of the sound.

Suddenly a man comes into view and he gasps.

"You..." He looks at the man with wide, nervous eyes.

"Who is that?"

"He cornered me in the bathroom earlier. He- he called me a fag and... said you and I- that we shouldn't exist." He says before stepping in front of me and burying his face in the crook of my neck as he wraps his arms around my neck.

Then the fucking guy starts to speak.

"People like you don't deserve to feel love. It's unnatural. Me along with the rest of the country shouldn't have to be subjected to the disgusting sight of you people out in public. You're repulsive."

Just as he finishes his insults he pulls out his camera and puts it up to snap a picture of the two of us.

How dare this man come and judge us. This ignorant, homophobic fucker!

I'm about to unload my insults on him when I feel Kook start to shake against me as he begins to whimper.

Then I hear him softly say, "Yooni... Please. I just want to leave."

With a low shaky sigh, attempting to calm my racing pulse, I say. "Alright let's go home, love."

I shift Kook's weight so he is walking next to me with his arms still wrapped tightly around me.

Once we make it to the car, I climb into the backseat first as he climbs in behind me. Once I'm seated I pull him onto my lap so I can hold him.

As soon as he is in my arms, he begins to let his sobs free.

I rub my hand up and down his back and try to offer reassurances, telling him how much I love him and how lucky I feel to have him in my life.

I whisper over and over that I love him as I bring his hand up to my lips and leave soft kisses on every knuckle as he continues to sob.

"I... want... I want... to-"

"Hmm? What was that, love?"

"I do... exist. I'm glad I do. I'm glad you do too... I love you..."