Betrayal

Yoongi's POV-

It is just after one in the morning and I just got off the phone with Namjoon.

The majority of the time we worked through his song and honestly, it's going to be a hit.

The emotion in the lyrics is so deep, anyone listening will be able to relate to it. The lyrics are beautifully written, gentle yet powerful, but they did nothing to answer my questions.

If anything they made me more curious.

I was dying to ask what the story behind all of this was. All of this sadness and hurt yet still the apparent hope for reconciliation and renewed bonds.

And, as if Namjoon read my mind, after we had worked through and revised what he had wanted a second opinion about, he shared his story. And all of my questions were answered.

*Flashback- One Hour Ago*

"This song is amazing, Namjoon. I can't wait to hear the demo once you get it arranged. And with the right singers, it's going to be a hit."

"Thank you! It's been a while since I've written a slower song. I think this is the perfect song to change that. It's just..." He sighs, "I hope he hears it."

"I'm sure he will. I'm sure the message will be well received too. The lyrics clearly portray how you feel as well as your love for your friend."

"I'm not so sure. I hurt him a lot. I was his brother and I betrayed him..." He lets out a shaky breath before he begins the story.

"As you know, I did really well in school. Halfway through my Junior year I was on track to graduate early. My senior year I had hardly any required credits so I started taking some college courses.

"I was planning on being an English Major and an opportunity arose for me to go to Busan through an exchange program to be a student teacher at one of the schools.

"They had some locals that volunteered to house the participants in the program and I got assigned to his house. He was about fourteen at the time and an only child. It was just he and his mother. He was so annoyed that I was there," he laughs fondly.

"He wouldn't even come out of his room when his mother called him to introduce himself when I first got there. Said he had a sick stomach and wasn't feeling well enough to come down.

"I didn't see him until later that afternoon when I was at their kitchen table filling out some paperwork and he came whistling down the hall. He stopped immediately when he saw me, shooting me an annoyed glare before he turned up his nose and left without saying a word.

"If we were ever in the same room I would attempt to talk to him. I arrived a little over a month before school started so I would try to use that to open the door for some dialog.

"I'd ask him about his day, if he was excited for school and to meet his teachers, what classes he was looking forward to, whatever might get a conversation going. All I got were one or two word responses, if he responded at all. It was like that for a little over a week.

"Then one night downstairs through the kitchen window I saw him laying outside on a blanket looking up at the stars. I don't know why, but for some reason I had a feeling that he was sad.

"That he was alone but didn't want to be. So I decided to act on it and made my way outside. I laid down on the blanket next to him and it was awkward at first until he suddenly pointed a constellation out and started telling me the mythology behind it.