Gummies and Squid Chips

Jungkook's POV-

Monday came and went before I really had time to process what was going on. Ever since Saturday I have felt like I've been sleep walking.

My mood definitely isn't as bad as it was before, but my mind has been in and out of that dark place I was in when everything happened with Jin.

The wounds I thought were healed have been opened again.

Yoongi has been very cautious with me it seems the last few days. He senses something is off and has been trying to get me to talk to him or just make sure I know that he is here if I want to talk, but I don't want to.

It's not that I don't trust him, I just don't want to burden him with my issues. He's got enough to think about with the whole Irene situation.

I don't want to bother him with more shit to think about.

I got to see Tae at school yesterday which was so nice. A very welcome distraction for sure. He helped lift my mood a lot, even though it was just for a few minutes.

I miss him. I miss both of my friends.

Jimin spends most of his time with either his dance classmates or Hoseok so I hardly see him and I only see Tae at school because of how seriously he is taking his spy role.

Jimin I can understand, he wants to spend time with his boyfriend and I try to understand Tae's reasoning as well, after all he is spending time with Yeri to help me, but you'd think she really was his best friend if you didn't know about the plan.

If I would have known enlisting him in this secret mission would mean I didn't get to see him outside of school I probably wouldn't have made the suggestion. At least he will still go to class with me.

He reasons that since Irene's people have already observed our routine of us going to class together it would be more suspicious to stop doing it.

I don't know about that, but as long as I get to hang out with him still I'm okay with it.

Today though, I needed him to come to my apartment with me. I am having a particularly bad day and I just need him. It took some convincing but he is going to be here soon with food and snacks.

I hear a knock on the door and rush from where I'm sat on my bed to let him in, but Tae's not there. Instead on the ground is an unmarked envelope.

I know who this is from. I don't want to pick it up. I don't want to know what's in it. I just stand in the doorway, staring down at it.

How did the person even move so fast? It took less than a minute for me to get to the door.

I hear the elevator ding to my left and look over to see Tae struggling to keep all of his bags in his arms as he steps into the hallway.

I rush over to him, taking one of the bigger paper bags that was balanced on his arm.

"Tae, I know for a fact at least one of the employees downstairs offered to help you bring these up here for you," I chuckle weakly.

"Yeah, like three did, but it was almost as if they were doubting my strength. I couldn't allow that! It became a question of my pride." He huffs out before laughing along with me.

I step over the envelope on our way in.

Tae notices me do this and asks, "Are you going to bring that in?"

"Nope. It's unmarked which means it's probably from her. I don't have the energy to look at it." I voice as I place the bag with the snacks on the counter. "You can open it if you want but I don't want to know what it is."