History

Jungkook's POV-

"Oh Eomma, I found the scrapbook you made me for my birthday and I got all sad and cried and lost track of time." Jimin teases in a mocking tone.

"Oh fuck off." I retort with a heavy eye roll while fumbling with the Aux chord to plug in my phone.

"You know we would have been given an overly dramatic lecture on effective time management if I had admitted that I really didn't give a shit about when you'd be there, instead opting to sleep a little longer, which in my mother's eyes is nothing short of a capitol offense."

Turning to Jimin with a smirk, I add, "Besides, are we really going to ignore how fantastic my acting was? I deserve an award for that performance."

Jimin scoffed, "We? You are the, and I quote, 'inconsiderate Bunny' not me. Your mother thinks I am an angel." He says while placing his hand under his chin and flashing his sweet smile that turns his eyes into crescents.

The one everyone, including my own mother, seems to melt over.

"As far as the acting, it wasn't bad but it made me realize something. The next time you complain about how your mom is dramatic don't think I won't remind you that the apple didn't fall far from that K-Drama tree. With your extra, crackhead actin' ass."

I scoff at the insult, glaring in his direction, observing his proud smile at what he's said.

"You really shouldn't smile like that while driving. Eyesight is kind of a necessity in order to, you know, see." I comment sarcastically before facing back toward the front to look out the windshield, wearing a satisfied smile of my own at my remark while Jimin lets out an annoyed huff.

After about forty minutes on the road, bickering over many meaningless topics, Jimin decided we needed to call Tae and make sure he was aware that we're not too far away from his place.

Daegu is our next stop, from there, is a straight shot to Seoul. I'm excited to get to see him. It's been way too long.

He moved away from Busan before going into our Junior year of high school.

He came back for our traditional before school sleepover a few weeks later but we haven't actually seen him in person since then, the three of us only keeping in contact over social media and group chats.

He and I talk almost daily, but it will be nice to see him in person after so long.

Jimin puts in one of his AirPods so my phone can stay plugged in for the music while I grab his and dial the number I've had mesmerized since sixth grade.

Jimin's POV-

After about five rings it finally ends, but silence is all that's heard before the noise of what I assume is the phone dropping onto the floor.

After more shuffling along with annoyed huffs, grunts and lastly a "for fuck sakes" a less than enthusiastic "Hello?" is heard in Tae's deep morning voice.

"Rough morning?" I tease with an amused grin.

"Why are you calling me at the ass crack of dawn, Chim?" He spits back.

"First of all, it's almost eleven forty you ray of sunshine. Secondly, I am calling to let you know that we will be at your house in forty-five minutes so get your ass up."

Suddenly a distant voice could be heard in the background.

He has now gone silent, disregarding my last comment to listen to the person.

I hear him reply to whatever was said, hearing a muffled "Yeah, it's Jimin. He said they'll be like forty-five minutes."

A short pause later he gets back on the line to ask, "Is that a hard forty-five minutes or a soft forty-five."

I roll my eyes at that. "Forty-five minutes Taehyung."

He answers with a loud huff along with more shuffling, which I hope means that he is finally attempting to get out of bed.

"Fine. I'm like, mostly packed so... yeah. We'll see you when you get here."

Suddenly I'm confused.

"We?"

As far as I know he has lived alone since his previous roommate moved out over four months ago. Does he have a new roommate?

"Yes we. Jin-Hyung is here."

I take in a big gasp of air causing me to nearly choke.

Slowly, with my eyebrows raised to my hairline in surprise, I turn my head in Jungkookie's direction to see that he is absentmindedly scrolling through his playlist. He looks to have missed my reaction to Tae's words.

My surprised expression turns into a devious one quickly.

"How interesting." I reply, still eyeing my friend beside me.

As if reading my mind he immediately responds, "Oh shit! I totally forgot about Jungkookie and hyung's..." He pauses to think of how to describe the complicated relationship delicately.

"History." He says before letting out a chuckle. "Chim, he's gonna lose it when he sees Jin! I'm gonna make hyung open the door when you get here so he will be the first one Jungkookie sees! Text me when you pull up."

I can hear the wide smile in his voice. He is way too excited for Jungkookie's embarrassment, but I admit that even I find myself biting both lips to hold back the excited giggle that's threatening to come out.

"Okay will do. Now go finish packing and be ready when we get there. Jungkookie will text you when we're close." With that, I end the call.

Getting caught up in my thoughts for a moment, I start picturing the look on Jungkookie's face when he sees his Jin-Hyung after so long. I'm taken out of my thoughts though when I hear my name being called.

"Huh?" I say, turning my attention back to the passenger seat.

"Is he ready? He's not right? I knew it. Such a dumbass." He says, answering all his own questions while still scrolling.

"He may be a dumbass, but he is our dumbass. And hey, aren't you even a little excited to see Taetae?" I say with a smile.

"Not any more than a normal amount. I mean, yeah it's been a long time since we've actually seen him, but I just talked to him last night." He says with a casual shrug of his shoulders.

"I think you have more to look forward to than you think." I answer back as casually as I can, keeping my eyes on the road ahead.

Suddenly I am feeling much more motivated to get to Tae's.

I can't wait to see this K-Drama unfold.