The Song

Yoongi's POV-

I got to the company early this morning to make sure everything was ready for the meeting.

It went well and we are going to make a few revisions per Donghyuk and his manager's request, but we have gotten a basic contract approved and he has now signed with the company.

Hobi is going to be the one primarily helping him get set up and comfortable with the environment as well as the equipment, but he will be working with Namjoon and I as well.

After the meeting Namjoon asked if I would stop by his studio so I am on my way there to eat lunch and chat with him, undoubtably about Kook.

I get to his studio, knock on the door and shortly after I hear him say in a raised voice to come in.

"I've never really understood how you and Hobi just have your doors unlocked for anyone to come in. So strange."

He laughs at that as he turns around in his office chair to face me.

"I lock it when I'm not in here, but I don't see a reason to when I am here. People always knock... well usually. Jinnie sometimes doesn't. And neither does his cousin."

"Taehyung?" I ask as I sit on the couch across from him, eyeing the food containers on his coffee table between us.

"Yeah, have you met him? Oh God, did JK tell him about you?! He's always bugging Jinnie to ask me to introduce him. I'm sorry if he did anything crazy."

I laugh at his nervousness. "Yes I met him early this morning. He stayed with Kook last night. Very unique isn't he."

"Yes he is, but he is a good guy and very sociable. Easy to get along with. And he's very intelligent."

"I liked him. The visit was very unexpected but I liked him. Definitely not crazy. I don't know why you and Kook were so worried about him meeting me. Why didn't you just bring him by the studio?"

"I didn't want to bother you." He says as he brings his chair closer to the table and picks up a pair of chopsticks and a bowl.

"Namjoon-ah! How many times do I have to tell you that you don't bother me. Hobi is the one who bothers me, not you." I chuckle lightly as I break the wooden chopsticks apart to start filling the bowl in my hand as he does the same.

It's quiet for a minute or two while we pick at the various dishes in front of us and start to eat.

"I like this thing you and Jin have going of filling me with food when you want to talk." I say after swallowing a bite of rice.

"Yes, well we know this isn't a very fun topic for you to discuss. When we are done with the serious stuff I do have something a little more exciting to share with you and discuss."

He takes a deep breath before looking up to meet my eyes with his. "I'm sorry that you were put in the middle of all of this."

"It's not a problem."

"From what Jin has said it sounds like quite the coincidence how this all happened."

"It was all completely coincidental. As I told Jin, I saw him in a café last weekend while I was in Daegu. I dropped my wallet by his table by mistake and when he brought it to me I recognized him, which never happens. It was so strange and I could not figure out where I'd seen him..."

After that I went on to tell him about racking my brain trying to remember where I had seen him and then when he had sent me a picture of those papers the night we worked on his song and I saw the picture on his shelf in the background it clicked.