Locked Door

Chanyeol's POV-

I was caught off guard by the question. My body even tensed a little after he asked, but I think it was subtle enough to go unnoticed.

I purse my lips as I continue to fumble with my keys, hopefully looking like I'm still trying to get them straightened out on the ring when in reality, I'm stalling.

I need to think about what is the best way to approach this question without too many follow up questions from him.

Yoongi specifically asked for discretion with any personal information about him with Jungkook.

Although, he does seem to like him.

The fact that he told him about the room himself is proof of that. He had to know that would peak his interest.

Then again, he doesn't know just how curious Jungkook is. He seems to always have questions.

"He told you about the studio?" I settle on asking, pretending to clarify even though I know the answer.

It seemed like a safe question to try to deflect away from the inquiry as to why there was a studio just enough to not be too obvious.

"Yeah. He asked if you had shown me where it was and I told him I hadn't seen it yet," he presses his lips together for a moment before continuing, "Then he told me that you and his friend Hoseok are the only ones besides him that know the code and that I have no reason to go in or near that room..."

He starts drumming his fingers on the countertop lightly before turning around, leaning his back slightly against the edge of the counter and crosses his arms across his chest.

I turn around to do the same but put my hands in my pockets.

I see in my peripheral vision that he has his eyebrows furrowed and his lips are slightly pouted in thought.

I can tell he has a question on his mind he has yet to voice, so I ask something I know could be good or bad, but ask anyway.

"What is it?"

"Huh, what do you mean?" He asks as he looks over at me.

"You obviously have a question," I smile with a chuckle. "So ask."

"W-what kind of music does he like..."

I laugh a little louder now. It's obvious this isn't what he was wanting to ask, but I'm sure this question is easier for me to answer than the alternative.

"He likes all types. He plays a couple instruments too."

"Oh yeah, I heard him say a piano was getting delivered this week," he nods. "Is he good?"

"He's amazing! Self taught too," I say with a dimply smile.

I'm happy when I get to talk about my friend. Proud even.

Yoongi hardly ever talks about himself unless being interviewed or is asked to do so directly.

I know how hard he has worked to be where he is and I'm happy to share his accomplishments with others.

Within his guidelines of discretion, of course.

"That must've been really time consuming. And difficult. You'd have to be very patient to even attempt that. I hope he'll let me hear him play before I go..." he pauses as he nods his head slowly before looking back at me with hopeful eyes. "So can I see where it is?"