Drunk

Yoongi's POV-

The night was a success I'd say.

I felt bad not having Jin and Namjoon here but they understood that it would be for the best if they didn't come. We all agreed that Kook would be much more relaxed that way.

Jimin and Taehyung were the last ones to leave.

Jimin didn't want to stay long after Hoseok left, the two really seemed to hit it off, but he couldn't go without Taehyung and he didn't want to leave.

He got into a pretty entertaining conversation with Yeol over on the couch and by the looks of it they were getting along well.

After Yeol brought up needing to be back on campus before curfew Jimin dragged Taehyung out the door as Yeol followed behind them, leaving just Kook and myself.

Kook had a few drinks over the evening and was definitely a little tipsy if not drunk, whereas I had pretty much nursed two glasses of whiskey over the few hours and was not feeling much different.

After everyone was gone we started gathering up the trash to take to the garbage chute down the hall.

We both walked to where it was located, myself needing to know where it was anyway, and on the way back I brought up to him that I had scheduled a walk through with the realtor tomorrow to look at the unit I'd be purchasing.

"And you aren't buying it just for me to live in right?"

"No. I like to purchase investment properties. This building is new and has attracted a lot of buyers and renters. It will appreciate in value over the next few years so it will be a good property to have.

"Especially where it is close to a few of the entertainment company's and rumor has spread that a few idols live here and more could move in, which will drive up the price as well. It's just a bonus that you will be able to live in it," I assure him, not hiding my amusement at his worried expression.

It was mostly true. I had been entertaining the idea of buying an apartment somewhere in the city as an investment property, I just did it sooner than I thought I would, using it as part of the job offer to Kook was just a plus.

Kook threw himself onto the couch, sinking into the cushions comfortably, once we were back in the apartment while I went to stand by the window to look down at the busy street.

"Yooni?"

The name surprised me but it brought a smile to my lips.

Cute I think to myself as I turn towards where he is sitting.

"Yes Kook."

"Do you think you could play me a song?" He brings his arm up lazily, acting as if it is being weighed down, to point at the piano.

"Of course." I smile as I move to sit at the piano and hover my hands over the keys for a moment before I decide to play So Far Away for him.

As I play I notice that some of the notes aren't quite sounding right. I'll have to get this tuned soon, but when I glance at him he looks to be enjoying the song.

He has crawled up the couch so that he can lean his body on the arm with his left arm bent with his chin resting on his palm.

The way he is looking at me right now, watching me play, is mesmerizing as my eyes drift to meet his as I continue to play.