Irene

Jungkook's POV-

She continues to smile up at me, myself trying to keep my own composure for the sake of my mother, but as soon as the door clicks shut both of our expressions fall as we bare into each other's eyes.

After a long silence she speaks, still glaring at me.

"Who are you?"

I have no intention on answering any fucking questions she has, so I just stare at her blankly.

"Why can't I find anything on you?" She continues between gritted teeth in a frustrated, almost whiney, voice.

I tilt my head to the side as I continue to stare at her. Not saying a word. Not showing any reaction.

"I'm not going to let you have him. I am the only one that he needs and he knows it. You are nothing! You're just some pathetic college kid who's going nowhere and has nothing to offer him."

I slide my hands into my pockets as I wait for her to continue. She takes a step towards me, standing up as straight as she can to get closer to my face.

"I'm going to find out your secret and I am going to destroy you." She hisses, holding eye contact with me for a few seconds before stepping back to where she was before.

She clears her throat as she reaches her hands down to smooth her dress before looking back up at me with a smile, the sight nearly making me shudder because if I didn't know better I would think she actually looked genuinely kind.

"I'm glad you're feeling better. Take the medicine if your head hurts. Crying over boys always makes my head pound." She says with mock concern as she pulls her mask into place before pivoting to walk towards the elevator.

Crying over boys? How would she know that's what happened. Is she just assuming?

During our whole conversation I have managed to keep my face neutral and not let my expression show anything but indifference, but as I reach for the door to go back inside my mask slips when I hear her voice.

"Your mother is a lovely woman. I do hope to see her again soon." She calls out in a sweet tone as the elevator doors open in front of her and she steps inside.

Yoongi's POV-

We are sitting in the living room, Yeol in one armchair and myself in the other, across from Kook's mother as she sits on the couch.

When she asked what Irene had against Kook, Yeol and I both tried to rush out explanations and reassurances that she was mistaken, but she wasn't buying any of it.

She simply let us stutter on for a short time before putting her hand up in the air to halt us both mid-sentence before she turned her attention to me.

"My son obviously cares very deeply for you. I myself haven't been able to form a very solid opinion yet, but what you say next will greatly aid in whether that opinion will be positive or negative. I'm going to ask again and I want an honest answer. What sort of problem does that woman have with my son?"

So I told her the truth. That Irene was my ex, that she and I recently broke it off and she isn't taking the break up well.

She turned to Yeol and he confirmed what I said, adding that Irene was having a hard time with how quickly I seem to have moved on.

She studied my face closely for a few moments before suggesting we all go take a seat in the living room to wait for Kook to return.