Mentor

Taehyung's POV-

*RING* *RING*

"Did you make it to Jungkookie's? Is Kookie awake? How is he feeling? Did you get to meet Yoongi?!" I fire out my questions nearly in one breath as soon as Mrs. Jeon answers.

She lets out a giggle. "Yes I did I made it their. I actually just left and am on my to the hotel." She pauses for a moment and then sighs before continuing in a more serious tone. "Bunny is awake and feeling better it seems. And I did meet Yoongi. He is lovely, Chanyeol as well. Although, I am more interested in another person I met tonight. What can you tell me about Yoongi's ex-girlfriend?"

My heart nearly stops and I'm barely able to keep the gasp quiet enough for my receiver to not have picked up.

How does she know about Irene! Did one of- wait... Did she just say she met her?

Met her as in she showed up at Koo's place? What?!

"You met her?"

"She stopped by to quote 'make sure he was okay.' There seems to be a little more to things than her being concerned for his well-being."

Fuck.There's no use in trying to find an excuse or lie about the situation with Irene.

Mrs. Jeon is the one who taught me everything I know about distorting and manipulating the truth. She would see right through it.

There's no point in telling her anything but the truth.

"Her given name is Bae Joohyun, but her stage name is Irene. She grew up in Daegu and met Yoongi as well as Chanyeol when they were trainees together. After Yoongi was dropped by the company, she and Chanyeol stayed with the company until he was dropped as well months later.

"She was mentally and emotionally abusive to Yoongi for years and has an obsession with maintaining co-dependency. When he brings someone into his life who she thinks is too close to him she tries to get them away from him by either blackmail or bribery."

I pause to give her a chance to ask any questions or say anything at all. When she doesn't, I go on.

"In the past she and Yoongi have been in an on and off relationship, but in this last fight she let it slip that she has been ruining all of his potential relationships. Now that this secret is out and he knows he himself isn't to blame for his past failed relationships, they are officially over. This is why this time has the potential to be more dangerous.

"Before she was almost guaranteed to get Yoongi back as she would come back into his life when he was in a depressive and vulnerable state after she had drawn away someone he grew fond of, but now that is unlikely. It could potentially turn into an 'if I can't have him no one can' scenario."

The line is silent for about thirty seconds before she speaks.

"Her surname is Bae? And she is from Daegu?"

"That is correct."

"Born and raised?"

"As far as I know."

"And what tactic has she tried with Bunny; bribing or intimidation?"

"The latter."

"How does she intimidate those she deems as a threat?"

I went on to explain to her what Irene had done in the past and that she has been trying to get her investigators to get information about Koo.

"There was a package delivered today that I was told was delivered to the wrong apartment by Yoongi and that boy Chanyeol. Do you think it was from her?"