Crushed

Chanyeol's POV-

I let out a long sigh of relief as I sit down at my desk. I finally have time to get some of my school work finished that is due the day after tomorrow.

I'm not going to have much free time tomorrow before the meeting with everyone so I'm glad I have a chance to do it today.

Free time has been a rarity lately so I am ready to fully take advantage of these next couple of hours when I have nowhere I have to be and no one to see.

These last few weeks have been hell. Between getting students moved around, trying to keep track of psycho Irene and what she's up to along with actually trying to make it to class and do my schoolwork, I'm exhausted.

There have been so many times, over this last semester especially, when I've just wanted to say Fuck it and drop out.

In those hard times I just have to remind myself that this is my last year of school, then I will have my Bachelor's Degree.

I have worked so hard to get here. I just have to remember that.

Just as I am getting my syllabus pulled up to look over for my Digital Photography class I hear a knock on my door.

I groan as I stand up from my desk before trying to put on my happy RA face and open the door.

In front of me stands a small, thin girl with dark hair, a large sun hat with a black mask on.

After I say my standard greeting of "Yes, how can I help you?" she lifts her head and takes off her mask.

My smile drops instantly upon seeing her.

"I was wondering when you were going to show up." I sigh, shaking my head in both annoyance and disappointment.

"Alright let's get this over with." I mumble, side-stepping out of the way for her to come into the room.

There's no use in fighting her. She does this a few times a year.

Stops by unannounced to try to get information from me. The visits are short so this shouldn't take long.

"Hello, Chan, it's so good to see you too! And I'm doing fine, thank you." She says, showing me her sickly sweet smile.

"Can we just fast forward to where you offer me money and record deals so you can leave and I can get back to my assignments?"

"Oh come on Channy, don't be like that. It was just so nice to see you the other day. It made me miss the old days so I wanted to catch up with you . See how you are doing." She smiles as she sits down on the bed.

"You didn't come here to talk about me Irene. So why don't you just go ahead and ask what you came her to ask so I can turn you down and you'll be on your way."

"Tssk, no fun," She crosses one leg over the other. "Alright, if that's what you want..." she clicks her tongue, "Who's the kid?"

"What kid?"

"Oh, you know who I'm talking about! You're the one that hired him."

Of course she knows that. I'm not even surprised.

I've been trying to find out for years where she gets her information from and it's still a complete mystery to me.

"I don't know him. Yoongi asked me to find someone to help him so I did."

"Good to see some things haven't changed. You're still Yoongi's most trusted friend. It's a real shame I can't get you to flip on him. I hope he knows how lucky he is to have you, Chan. He tends to take the people that care for him for granted."

"I would never do that to him." I state sternly.

"I know you wouldn't usually, but you haven't heard what I have to say."

I roll my eyes, leaning back in my chair as she continues.

She purses her lips, looking at me with what looks like sympathy before she starts to speak.

"You had so much potential you know. I was so confused when they kept Luhan but let you go. Then even more so when he left not long after the group debuted and they never called you back in. It was devastating to watch.

"I know how much you wanted to stay in the program. It was so hard for us to say goodbye to you. It was hard for me. It was like when Yoongi left all over again.

"We were so close when we first became trainees. You, me and Yoongi, then when they dropped him I remember you were so distraught and just threw yourself into the training.

"You worked so hard. Much harder than the majority of those other boys. I also remember hearing about how you hardly slept. Hardly ate. I heard that you would cry yourself to sleep some nights. Is that true?"

I look at her with furrowed brows, extremely confused.

Usually she comes in offering to pay off my loans or to use her influence to promote my music and get me signed with the company again.

Where is she going with this?

"You didn't just lose a friend when Yoongi left. You lost your crush."

I relax my brows, keeping my expression neutral as I continue to stare at her.

"And then when you reconnected all that time later and he helped you through your hard times he wasn't just a crush anymore, was he. You fell in love with him. Your knight in shining armour. So cute!"

My heart starts to beat rapidly.

How could she know this? Nobody knows about this!

"Isn't it so hard to see the one you love go on and be happy with someone else? For him to depend on you for everything and trust you with all of his secrets, to be his confidante, his best friend... but never anything more? It must be difficult. To never be good enough."

"What do you want?" I growl out.

I'm completely overwhelmed by what she is saying but I'm really trying not to come across with any emotion other than annoyance.

"Wouldn't it just be a shame if Yoongi were to find out about your feelings?" She pauses and looks off to the side with furrowed brows and pouted lips as if in deep thought.

"Do you think he would come to the colossal realization that everything he's ever wanted has been right in front of him, pushing all other romantic candidates aside, or do you think things would become uncomfortable for him and he would start to pull away from you?"

She looks at me with a mock puzzled face as if really pondering what the answers to her rhetorical questions are.

"What do you want?" I growl through my teeth, clenching my jaw.

"Your cooperation."