B1306

Jungkook's POV-

B0212

B0212

B0212

I repeat in my head, adjusting the strap of my bag back into place on my shoulder while staring at my reflection in the shiny elevator door.

I was initially happy that there was an elevator for public use, especially when it would be aiding in helping my friends and I bring my belongings up to my dorm, but being actually in the elevator makes me think the stairs would have been better.

The ride up is way longer than necessary and it moves in ways I've never felt an elevator move before. It moves up and down of course but it also sways side to side like a pendulum. It's truly terrifying.

The elevator of death doesn't affect me on a personal level nearly as much as the idiotic labeling of the floors in this building does though.

The main level is Floor E and the fifth floor, the top floor, is Floor A. I will be moving onto Floor B, which is the fourth floor.

Why it is this way, I haven't the faintest idea. There's really no plausible reason I can think of for them to be labeled like this.

Maybe because this is one of the older buildings on campus? Still though, the alphabet exists and has existed. It's not like it's a new thing.

I would argue that any remotely cognizant person would agree that it makes a lot more sense to start with A, the first letter of the alphabet, the same as you start at one when attempting to distinguish between different floors.

Whatever. The world's an imperfect place.

Judging by the barely audible mumbling and startled gasps coming from both of my friends, Tae on my left and Jimin on my right, they seem to concur that this elevator is sketchy as fuck.

As the doors open, Tae leans down to pick up the duffle bag he has been toting from where he had set it down to give his shoulder a rest.

Trying his best not to dump out the box tucked under his other arm in the process he is moving as quickly as he can to be safely out of this hanging death box.

I step out after Tae and am followed by Jimin. Reading the sign mounted to the wall in front of us, we do as it says and turn to the right to head down the long hallway in search of room B0212.

After walking passed about twenty doors, and making a few stops in between to give our muscles a break from the weight we're all holding, we are finally standing in front of a door that is thankfully labeled as room B0212 with a plaque above the number that says "Resident Advisor."

At least the guy was telling the truth about where to find him. Or where to find the room of the RA at least. If the guy who called me is in fact the one with the title is yet to be confirmed.

Chanyeol? Right? Yeah, I'm pretty sure that was his name.

I hear the now familiar sound of my boxes not so softly being placed on the floor behind me as I reach out to knock on the door.

After hearing a muffled "Just a sec" followed by some noises I can't quite identify, the door is opened to reveal a tall, handsome man with a wide dimply smile.

"Hey, how can I help you?" He asks kindly.

"Yeah, I think I spoke with you on the phone earlier. I was told to check in here?" I say back with a bit of skepticism in my tone.

"Awe perfect, let me just grab my list here." He says reaching behind his door and retrieving a clipboard. He begins to flip through the papers, "What's your name and room number?"