Believe Me

Jungkook's POV-

"Why?" He says just loud enough for me to hear.

"You have been acting distant and I want to know why." I say, trying to keep the annoyance out of my voice.

"I don't want to talk about it because I don't know if I want to know the answer..."

"What?" I gasp quietly as I stand up straight. "What do you mean?"

"It's about Taehyung."

Oh. Now I understand. He wants to know about Tae and I. What our history is.

What our past was, if there's a present and if there will be a future between the two of us.

I should have seen the signs earlier. Connected what has been happening sooner.

He's been resisting when Tae tries to get his attention because he's jealous of the relationship Tae and I have.

"I want you to ask. Ask questions and let's have a conversation." I say softly.

"So I will have more questions after you answer the one question I have. That means the answer is yes."

"If you're asking if we've ever crossed certain lines than yes. The answer is yes," I exhale, "Now ask questions. Please."

"When?"

"After I moved here. The weekend before school started."

"Where?"

"... here."

It's quiet as he breaths deeply. I can tell he's trying to keep his composure.

"That was the last time?"

"Yes."

"Have you wanted to since?"

"Not since I met you."

"Do you love him? Do you want to be with him?"

This is a loaded question, so I take a moment to pause so I can make sure I word this so he can accurately understand my thoughts and feelings.

"If someone would have asked me this after school first started I would have said yes. If I would have seen Tae that day we picked him up and he told me he was ready to try for a real relationship, I would have agreed in a heartbeat.

"But, that was before you came into my life. I do love him, but I don't have those romantic feelings of love for Tae like I did anymore. Not since I met you.

"It's a complicated relationship he and I have. We are very close and to some people looking from the outside they don't quite understand. That's not just with Tae and I, but Jimin as well. The three of us are just very close friends."

"Extremely close." He turns around on the bench so he is now facing me.

"I don't do skin-ship like the three of you do. I like it, but not to the extent you three take it. I also don't have any reference to feeling romantically for a friend, not acting on them and then trying to still be friends. I've seen it happen, but I've never experienced it myself.

"I don't know if those types of feelings just go away and you can still remain close like you two seemed to have done. I can't say if it is or isn't possible because I just don't know.

"That means all I can do is take your word that you've moved on and that's going to be difficult. I have trust issues, Kook. You know that, but I will try to understand.

"I can't guarantee that I won't get jealous of the way you interact and treat each other. Knowing you did have feelings for him isn't going to help that, but I can try to understand. Thank you for clarifying things a little more."