Christmas Lights

Yoongi's POV-

"Good. We have some things to go over." I purse my lips before continuing. "Are you at my place?"

I hear him speak in a low tone to someone, I assume Yeol, before answering back into the receiver.

"It should be the next floor."

"Alright. Call me after Yeol shows you around a bit."

Before he can comment back I end the call.

He doesn't seem to recognize my name judging by his tone when he answered back with his own instead of Is it really you? or an excited exclamation of I'm a huge fan! I would have expected if he had recognized my name, which I'm happy about.

I prefer for us to be strangers to an extent and I have spoken with Yeol about being discrete with any personal information that's given to the guy, or kid rather as he sounded young.

This "Jungkook."

I trust Yeol's judge of character and I know he wouldn't have told the kid about the job if he didn't think he'd be suitable, I just have no interest in getting to know him.

I want to tell him what is expected of him, negotiate the appropriate pay then be done.

I turn to head back into my parents house since my call is finished. As soon as I step inside the smell of my mother's Pork Bulgogi cooking hits me.

My mouth immediately starts to water as I stride back into the kitchen to resume my designated task of preparing the rice.

After I left the café today I came back home, sat my parents down and came clean about seeing Irene the last few times I've come back to town.

My father sat silently, the corners of his mouth pulled down into a deep frown with his arms crossed, as he shook his head in disappointment.

My mother on the other hand was angry and, as expected, reached for the closest thing to her to whack me with.

She leapt off the couch wielding the pillow that had been on her lap and proceeded to give me a few hits upside the head, which I was mostly able to block with my arms.

She calmed down quite a bit once she got that out of her system and I was able to tell them about the fight we had that morning and some particularly cruel things Irene had confessed that caused me to have some long overdue realizations that led me to break things off for good.

She was so thrilled that she immediately called my aunt to share the joyous news (apparently my mother has been filling her in and ranting about Irene basically since she first met her) before she practically danced into the kitchen to start cooking a celebratory dinner.

Hopefully Yeol takes long enough to give the tour of the place and his own rundown of what the job entails before I get a call back from the kid. I'd really like to enjoy my meal uninterrupted.

Jungkook's POV-

"Alright. Call me after Yeol shows you around a bit."

When the line goes silent so abruptly I'm left a little surprised. While pulling the phone away to see the screen and confirm the call has ended the elevator stops and the doors open.

I place my phone back in my pocket as we both step into the hallway. Once we're out Chanyeol nods his head to the left, indicating that's the way we're heading.

It's a short walk to the apartment as it is the only door before the hallway ends about six meters away.

As Chanyeol takes out the key to get the door unlocked he says with a smirk, "Nice guy right?"