Good Side

Jungkook's POV-

I'd hung up with Yoongi, or he hung up with me rather, a few minutes ago but I am still sat on my bed staring at my phone.

One million one hundred and fifty-two won. That's what he said...

He is going to pay me to sleep in a luxury apartment and tell some people where to put boxes and couches for a week.

This is unbelievable.

Earlier today when I had the same thought it had a drastically more negative connotation. Now I feel nothing but gratitude and disbelief in the best way.

Yet, with my contentment comes doubt.

I still can't comprehend that this is real. I need confirmation. More information.

I need to talk to Chanyeol.

I had walked back to my room earlier to call Yoongi as Chanyeol had another call come in himself.

I get up from my bed and crack open my door to still hear his mumbled voice from somewhere in the living room.

I don't want to just stand by and wait or sit on the couch and end up eavesdropping, which I have done enough of, so I decide to go across the hall to the restroom to splash some water on my face.

Yoongi's call made me a little high strung and I need to calm back down.

As I'm in the bathroom I randomly start recalling what I first thought about Chanyeol's frequent phone calls.

I had come up with a theory that he was a charismatic drug dealer of some sort.

Then I started noticing (eavesdropping) that all the calls pretty much revolved around asking the caller where they were moving to or if they had moved yet. I concluded they must be his friends or people he knows that had to be rehoused.

Not drug dealer stuff but RA stuff. Much more PG, much less exciting.

After I turn off the faucet followed by drying my face and hands, I leave the room to go back into the hallway.

I no longer hear talking so I make my way out of the hallway past the entryway.

I can't see him anywhere in the large living space so I just keep walking, making it almost completely to the far windowed wall until seeing a pair of legs, ankles crossed, on the ground on the far side of the kitchen island.

I walk around it to see Chanyeol sitting on the floor with his back leaned against the island, facing the window, long legs stretched out in front of him.

He must have heard my feet padding across the wood floor because by the time I step around the counter enough to see his face he was already smiling up at me.

"You really love the view huh?" I say with a smirk as I step over his legs to make my way over to the wall on his right so I'm facing his profile, to take a seat.

"Absolutely! I would love to live in a place like this. When Yoongi first found the listing and showed it to me the pictures looked amazing. He saw how excited I was about it so he called the realtor to schedule a time to look at it.

"He never actually got to see it because he got busy with work, then had to leave. He asked if I would still be able to do the walk through without him so I did. When and saw this," he gestures towards the city. "I was speechless. I told him he had to get this place. That same day he made an offer."

"So he's never actually been here? Never seen it in person?"

"Nope. Just saw the listing online. He liked it enough but he wasn't completely sold. Then I came and did the walk through and told him how amazing it was so he got it."