Let's Talk Later

Yoongi's POV-

Kook just texted and said that his mother had cancelled lunch but was going to try to have us get together for dinner instead.

I wish she would just cancel everything. Her visit made me realize that I need a longer break between having strong, intimidating women I feel the need to impress and keep happy in my life.

Maybe we'll get lucky and something will come up.

I doubt it, but maybe.

He also said that he is going to go to sleep and that I can come down whenever and sleep with him.

It's tempting, but I still have some things I can do on my computer so I decided instead to get my laptop and whatever else I need in order to finish things up gathered together to take down with me. That way, once I'm done or too tired I'll already be there with him.

I tuck my laptop under my arm and drape my charging chord and headphones around my shoulders before I step out of my apartment, locking the door behind me.

I make it over to the elevator. It takes a minute to open but when it does I am surprised to see a familiar figure pacing back and forth in the small space with his arms folded tightly. 

"Jin?"

When he hears my voice his head snaps in my direction before he rushes to me.

"I'm sorry if I have caught you at a bad time." He says as he looks over all of the things I have in my arms apologetically.

"Not a bad time, it's just late. Are you okay?"

"Can we talk? Please?" He says as he stares at me with pleading eyes.

"Okay, let's head back inside."

"Thank you. Thank you so much."

He follows me back into my apartment, walking straight ahead to the window as I move to the kitchen to place my laptop and headphones on the counter.

I walk up next to him, hearing him breathing heavily. It's only now I notice that his whole being appears to be shaking. He seems uneasy.

"Would you like to take a seat?" I say as I put a hand on his shoulder. "Or do you want some water?"

"Water would be great. Thank you."

I turn back to the kitchen to fulfill his request.

I bring him the water and he drinks about half of it in just a few gulps. He then steps towards the table and sets the glass down before he sets his hands on the table while he hangs his head.

A tense silence settles as I wait for him to speak, but it gets interrupted when I start to hear quiet sniffles.

"Jin?"

He looks up me slowly with teary eyes.

"Is he here?" He asks in a shaky voice.

"No. He isn't staying here anymore."

He moves around the table, pulls out a chair to take a seat while I take the seat across from him.

His pupils are shaking as he stares at the table, his eyes full of worry.

"Hyung, what's going on?" I ask softly.

"I said he shouldn't exist. That people like him shouldn't exist." He whispers as he closes his eyes, a few stray tears escape. "I told him that I wasn't like him... that I would never be like him..."

He pauses as he lets more tears escape down his cheeks.

"I just- I told him all the things I'd been telling myself," he sniffles, taking a shaking inhale of breath. "He was so young. I should have been more sensitive. I knew he was confused, so was I, but in that moment I was just so embarrassed and confused that I... I freaked out. I spoke without thinking."