Let's Talk

Jungkook's POV-

The more I spoke with Yoongi the more memories, as well as feelings, that I had been suppressing and avoiding thinking about came flooding back.

The memories of how unstable I felt. How lost I was.

Thinking about this made me realize something I don't think I've ever really thought of.

I've been so busy holding on to my hurt feelings and resentment, but these memories make me remember the denial I was in.

How I was so ashamed of what I was feeling. How alone I felt, until Namjoon came along.

I was so upset and confused and he was the one who helped me.

After what happened with Jin, of course he wasn't just going to stand by and let him get away with hurting me. We meant too much to each other to let anyone mis-treat the other without repercussions.

I want to know how it happened. Why Namjoon started talking to him at all.

I don't think he just woke up one day and ran away with Jin. I have a feeling Namjoon sought him out because of me.

With this in mind I asked Yoongi to see if Namjoon was at the company or when he would be there so I could talk to him.

I want to talk to Jin too, eventually, but I need to speak to Namjoon first.

Yoongi got him on the line, informing him that I wanted to talk to him before handing the phone to me.

Namjoon's POV-

*KNOCK* *KNOCK* *KNOCK*

Oh God. He's here.

My heart hasn't stopped pounding since our phone call. I'm so unbelievably anxious.

I can't believe I finally might be able to explain what happened. Explain how things turned out the way they did. This is what I've been wishing for, but now that he is actually ready to talk, I am worried I'll freeze up again. That I won't be able to get my words out.

"Remember, he doesn't hate you." I say under my breath as I stand up from my chair, wiping my sweaty palms on my pants as I walk towards the door.

I open it to see sweet, grown up, JK.

As soon as I see him standing there with his shy smile my body seems to relax. My heart is still beating rapidly, but I don't feel quite as anxious.

"I'm so happy to see you." I say as I step to the side. "Please come in."

"Thank you." He says a timidly as he walks past me.

I close the door and turn to see him walking towards my bookshelf. To where our picture is.

"Is this the picture Yoongi saw?" I hear him ask while still facing the shelf.

I walk up next to him. "Yes. I have had it in every studio I've had since I came to the company, so he has seen it many times. The other day was the first time he's ever actually asked about it though."

He nods in acknowledgment, eyes still on the picture.

"Why do you move it with you? Why do you keep it out?" He asks as he picks up the frame to look a little closer at it.