He's Not Fine

Yoongi's POV-

"Are you serious?"

"It's not confirmed though. I think I heard that Seulgi lives in your building so she could have been visiting her."

"She might as well live here if that's the case. She's going to be here visiting her every goddamn day."

I walk over to the counter, turning my back to lean against it beside Kook.

"Can I talk to you later Yeol?" I sigh. I really don't want to deal with this.

I hang up the call and toss my phone on the counter behind me before resting my head on Kook's shoulder.

I was strong when I left her house that day and I was strong when I talked to my parents about being done with her treating me like shit, but I don't know if I still am.

It's too soon and she knows that.

Oh God, what if she's looking for me? It wouldn't be the first time she's tracked me down after trying to leave her.

My breathing is starting to pick up as I start panicking. What is she planning? Is she going to try to fuck my life up again?

"I don't know what I'm going to do." I comment quietly, voice shaky, as I close my eyes.

I feel Kook relax a bit as he rests his cheek on my head.

"Let's go back up Yooni." I hear him whisper before taking my hand that's closest to him gently in his then proceeding to lead me out of the apartment.

Despite my soured mood, I still find the corner of my lips lifting in a faint smile at the nickname.

We get out into the hallway and he takes the keys from my shaky hand to lock the door behind us. As we stand, waiting for the elevator it opens to reveal a small, blonde girl.

She moves to walk past us but stops and smiles widely when she seems to recognize Kook.

Does she know him?

"Hi, I haven't seen you for a while!" She says before her eyes travel from Kook to me, then down to our hands.

Her smile falters slightly but is quickly pulled back into place as she says that she has somewhere to go before taking out a piece of paper from her bag along with a pen to write her number on it before handing it to Kook.

"If you are still willing to help me just let me know when you are free." She then waves as she steps around us and goes up the hall.

He stares at the paper in his hand for a moment before putting it in his pocket. He leads me into the elevator and we ride up together.

"I'm glad you've made friends Kook." I say tiredly with an attempted smile.

"Yeah. She wants me to teach her how to box." He answers back casually.

I nod with a hum as the elevator doors open in front of us. It's not really any of my business so I just leave it at that.

Once we are back in the apartment he goes to lead us to the living room but I stop him.

"Actually, I think I just want to go to bed."

"Okay. Let's get you in bed." He smiles as he turns towards the hall, keeping my hand in his.

Once we get to my room he lets go of my hand to walk to the bed, pulling the covers back for me to lay down. I get into the covers and he turns to leave.

I don't want him to leave, but I don't have the courage to ask him to stay. So I watch as he walks to the door, but to my surprise he doesn't leave.

Instead he closes it before turning to come back to the bed. I move myself to the middle of the bed so he can lay next to me. He turns to face me and I'm already looking at him.