Don't Care

Yoongi's POV-

I closed the door behind me as quickly as I could so I didn't have to listen to her tantrum anymore.

I ended it. We're done and I mean it this time.

I rip the car door open and pivot to get in the driver's seat as I catch her figure out of the corner of my eye.

I turn my head to see her standing in the front doorway, wearing one of my oversized t-shirts that hangs down to her mid thigh that she knows usually drives me crazy.

Nice try witch, I'm not going to be lured back into your clutches that easily.

I show her no emotion as I proceed to get into my car and back out of the driveway.

It's been the same cycle every time.

I'm feeling down for one reason or another, she comes in to pick up the pieces and put me back together, we spend the first few months happy then she goes right back to the horrible person she is.

Finally when it gets to be too much I leave or she leaves then months down the road something will happen that makes me fall apart and she's back in my life.

It's exhausting, yet here I am, caught in the same bullshit again.

Right back in her clutches, clearing time when I should be with my family to see her because this time she'd said she's stressed and "needs me."

She doesn't need me, she's just bored.

This woman finds joy in causing me sadness. In controlling me.

She's a truly heartless lover who has told me countless times how useless and lazy I am.

That I don't deserve anything that's happened to me, that one day everyone will realize I'm nothing to then turn around and deny having said any such thing if I bring it up later.

She denies it with such conviction in some cases that I believe her and think I must have misunderstood.

But no, I didn't hear her wrong, she did say those things.

Now that she's exposed her secret that she has been the cause of all of my sadness. That she is the one that chases people away from me so she can swoop in to fill the void. We're done. She can't explain her way out of it this time.

The contrast between when I first met her to when she showed her true self still baffles me. She was so sweet in the beginning. I was so in love. I thought we both were.

Everyone loves her. How can you not? She knows what to say and how to behave.

She reads people, becomes what they want her to be so she can gain favor with them.

She keeps them in her life and when they can do something to help benefit her she will use them for her games.

When the day came that I was ready to introduce her to my parents they found her gentle and charming. They seemed to adore her what with my mother's smiles and kind words for the two of us, the "happy couple."

After a period when Irene had been ignoring me and I was beginning to slump back into a depressive state, she asked about my obvious change of mood. It was then that I finally told her the things Irene does to me.

I told her about the nights we'd scream at each other for hours, the manipulation, the gaslighting and the mind games.

How she would build my self esteem up by making me feel special just to turn things around and start comparing me to people she thinks are better than me.

She was heartbroken for me but also livid that I hadn't told her sooner. She told me she never liked Irene. That she always felt there was something she was hiding.

My mother doesn't know we're back on (or that we were up until five minutes ago.) If she did she would kick my ass. Especially if she knew that my last couple of trips home I've been making up excuses to leave her house so I could go meet Irene.

This week I will have a legitimate excuse to leave my parents home. I have a venue to go to while I'm here to meet with Hobi's friend before the guy's show. This is the first time in a long time a visit wasn't completely centered around Irene, and I'm thankful for that.

It'll be nice to be able to come home and be focused only on my family and my family alone. I just have to keep myself and anyone else I bring into my life away from her.

*PING*

The bell signaling a new text sounds through my car speakers. I really don't want to see who it's from so I choose to ignore it until my phone starts ringing as a call comes in.

*RING* *RING*

"Mother Fu—" I start to yell until I see that it's Yeol.

"Yeol, what's up?" I say in an uncharacteristically casual, borderline cheerful, voice.

"Y-Yoongs? Why do you sound like that?" He asks, obviously confused by my tone of voice. "Is this a bad time?"

"Actually you called at a perfect time. I just left her house." I answer back.

"Weird, you're usually in a worse mood when that's the case."

"I'm finally done. I don't want to be treated like shit anymore. She told me that it's been her, Yeol. She's the one that's been fucking with my life." I say with relief. "But I'm guessing you didn't call to talk about my emotional epiphanies. Do you have an update for me?"

"What do you mean." He says in a serious tone.

"I'll tell you more about what happened when I get back. So what's the update?"

"Okay... Anyway, yes, I'm calling because I found a sitter! He's a really good kid. I think you might actually get along with him."

"I'm not looking for a friend, Yeol. Just someone to watch the apartment. Has he done anything like this before?"

"I'm pretty sure that, like most of the population, he's been home alone once or twice in his life."

"Smart ass." I mumble with a scowl, realizing my question was stupid but still not appreciating his sarcasm.

"He's a good kid. I like him. Besides," Chanyeol sighs, "His dorm got stolen out from under him by some spoiled shithead and his dad. Even though I tried, there was nothing I could do to stop it. Because of this he has no where else to stay so this works out for both of you."

"Fine." I yawn. "I trust your judgment. Please take him over and help him get settled."

"Will do!" He exclaims cheerfully.

"Well I better go now, I'm pulling up to the café."

"You and your damn coffee obsession. Hey wait, don't you want to at least know his name?"

"Don't care. Thanks for your help."

"It's Jung-"

I end the call as I move to get out of the car.

As I step out of the car, closing the door behind me to head into the small establishment I begin to wonder if I'll see that guy again.

On the off chance I do, maybe I'll have a bit more time to figure out who he is. Or at least get his name.