Piled Up

Jungkook's POV-

"What is wrong with you?" I ask while keeping my confused stare on a bouncing, inexplicably excited Jimin. "Why do you have that look on your face? You look deranged."

"Can I not be excited to see my friend?" Jimin sighs, the previous crazed look on his face turning to an annoyed one.

"Yeah, but it's not like we're going to stay and hang out. We're going to have to unpack the car and rearrange everything to fit Tae's shit. God knows how many clothes he has and he's not a light packer.

"He brought two suitcases last time he visited for the two days he was in town. I can't imagine how much he has packed for a whole school year. We barely had enough room for yours and my stuff as it is." I pout as I think of all the things that will have to be done before continuing.

"When I say we will be unpacking the car, I mean me because I know as soon as we get there you're gonna run over to your little soulmate to whisper and giggle like you idiots usually do while I load everything into the car alone."

After a pause Jimin says, "I think Tae said something about having some help. Like, a relative or neighbor or something." He says with a shrug.

"That'd be nice." I huff as I slump down into my seat and close my eyes as I cross my arms across my chest.

I'm going to need a nap to prepare for all the work I'm going to have to do.

........

"Jungkook..." I hear faintly.

"Jungkookie." He repeats, a little louder this time but I continue to ignore him, keeping my eyes shut tightly.

"Hey, dumbass, wake up!" He practically yells in my ear, the volume startling me.

I jolt forward, eyes blinded by the sun, as I sit up straight blinking rapidly to get them to adjust to the bright light around me.

Finally gaining a little more bearing of my surroundings I turn with a venomous glare to Jimin.

"What was that?! You couldn't have been even a little nicer?" I ask through gritted teeth. "What do you want?"

Jimin smiles sweetly as if he's done nothing wrong. "I was just hoping you could call Tae and tell him we're about two minutes away. Pretty pwease." He finishes his plea with a bat of his eyelashes trying to be cute.

I keep my glare fixed on him as I unplug my phone before glancing down and dialing the number.

*RING* *RING*

"Jungkookie! Mr. Loverboy, how are you?" Tae sings into the phone at an unnecessary volume.

"Loverboy? Are you drunk?"

"No silly, just so so so excited for you and Chim to get here. It's going to be so fun!"

"Why are you and Jimin acting like we're staying the night and having a party. We are going to be in and out, Tae. We'll be there in about five minutes so be ready." I answer back, feeling annoyed.

"Well excuse me for being excited to see you," he sighs and I can hear the eye roll in his voice. "Anyway, I'm ready and I've got my stuff piled by the door."

My eyebrows crash together in confusion at the word so I repeat it to clarify.

"Piled?"

"Yeah?" He says, the inflection in his voice making it apparent that he doesn't understand my confusion at his choice of word.

I let out a long sigh as I bring my fingers up to pinch the bridge if my nose. I don't want to jump to conclusions, but if Tae says it's a pile of stuff it most likely is a literal pile of stuff. I am really hoping this is not the case and he is exaggerating like he does sometimes.

"You do know we are in Jimin's car right?"

"Yep." He answers back curtly.

"And you remember the size of Jimin's car don't you? So, please tell me that the 'pile' of your shit is not actually a pile, you are just being dramatic. That it is actually a couple of suitcases and maybe some bags."

Silence. Silence is what I get in return.

I let out a groan as I am brought back to thinking about how much work I am going to have to do when I get there.

Before I can speak again Tae beats me to it, sounding much too cheeky.

"Oh Jungkookie, you worry too much. I have got the transportation of my belongings under control. Hell, I may even have some room for one or two of your bags since Chim's car sounds like it's stuffed. Relax. Roll down a window, take some deep breaths and you'll be fine." He says with a light chuckle.

I am about to speak again when he cuts me off, letting me know he thinks he sees Jimin's car coming down the road (which he can't possibly because we are still a few minutes out) and that he can't take one last look over the house if he's on the phone, before hanging up, leaving me with my jaw clenched and lips pursed in a line.

"What did he say?" Jimin's asks in a softer voice, being able to feel the tension coming off of me I'm sure.

"He said that he could see your car and that he will walk through the house one more time but that he couldn't do it while he was on the phone so he hung up."

"Little liar, he can't see us."

"Yeah. No kidding."

I'm looking down at my phone but out of the corner of my eye I see Jimin is again bouncing in his seat.

I look over at him and not only is he bouncing but I swear I can see the corner of his lips twitch up, like he is about to break into a big smile any second but is holding it back.

I roll my eyes before turning my attention to the passing houses as we drive through the neighborhood, chalking his weird behavior up to him just being overly excited to see Tae.

Maybe I'm the crazy one for not being as excited. Or maybe my excitement was killed when I started thinking about all Tae's stuff. I think to myself as I continue to picture this "pile."

Whatever. I guess we'll just see what the situation is when we get there.