Under Control

Jungkook's POV-

As soon as I saw Jin lock eyes on Tae and Jimin I knew what was going to happen, and I wasn't prepared.

I saw the realization hit him. He figured out I didn't know he was here. Whether he knew I was going to be here I wasn't sure yet, but when our eyes met I knew he saw the shock I was trying to keep away from my expression.

Luckily I was more prepared for his appearance this time around. I kept my face nuetral. Under control.

As soon as his eyes moved off of me though, I let out an audible sigh of relief.

I didn't care about Tae and Jimin getting yelled at (they should get their asses kicked for the shit they've pulled) what I cared about was being left alone with Namjoon.

All of this suppressed anger and hurt was now dangerously close to the surface. One more push and I will lose it.

But... I didn't want to.

As much as he hurt me, I didn't want to hurt him. Didn't want to fight with him. He was my big brother.

As soon as I saw Jin round the corner towards the kitchen with the two idiots close behind I was out the door, not even bothering to close it behind me. I had to leave as quickly as possible.

Half the distance to the sidewalk I heard a shaky voice call out, asking me to stop. Asking me to please talk to him.

My heart clenched when I heard the unsteadiness in his voice.

He sounded so different from the confident, well spoken teenager who was much wiser beyond his years that I knew.

I don't know why I did it. It was almost as though my heart reacted before my mind could, but I did what he asked.

I stopped.

I heard him coming closer and I stayed where I was.

He came into my peripheral vision and that's when I saw the slight shine on his cheeks.

I turned my head to face him fully and slowly moved my eyes from his cheeks to meet his eyes.

I knew his eyes were a reflection of my own. They seemed to hold the same weight and emotions as I was feeling.

The sight made me want to hug him. Wanted to make him feel better.

Maybe even walk to a park with him like we used to, find a bench where we can sit to talk over our problems and come up with solutions together.

I always loved how well we worked through problems, but it's not the same.

Even though this face and these eyes staring back at me feel the same pain, the same loss, the pain wasn't inflicted the same way.

We didn't get damaged fighting together, side by side like comrades in arms.

We got hurt because we ended up being on opposite sides of the battle and an afternoon in a park isn't going to have the power to mend our wounds like it used to.

These issues are much more complex than any previous obstacles we had and I am a different Jungkook. One that was hurt by someone I trusted with my deepest secrets.

Someone I had shared all of my thoughts and struggles with who I trusted to keep them safe to instead have him disregard my feelings knowing full well how his actions would destroy me.

Finally I couldn't take the silence, so I simply stated, "I'm going on a walk. Tell them not to worry" before taking a few steps to get past him, leaving the yard to walk up the sidewalk towards the way we came into the neighborhood.