K-Drama

Yoongi's POV-

Immediately after seeing Sejin's message I called him.

He told me that the scout was from a fast growing company and if we wanted to secure a contract we needed to meet with Donghyuk and his manager sooner rather than later.

It is much too late to contact anyone now of course, but he said that tomorrow he will see if we can reschedule the meeting for this Wednesday or Thursday.

Tomorrow is Sunday and we discussed when I should come back so I can assist in getting everything prepped as far as the pitch and getting everyone on the same page so we are prepared to make a proper job offer if the meeting goes well.

We agreed that I should be back no later than Monday.

We spoke for a little while longer about what needed to be done this week until I couldn't handle any more work talk and suggested we save the rest for tomorrow since.

This has been a very tiresome night. I am both mentally and emotionally drained. No sense in trying to work through things with the mental state I'm in.

Jungkook's POV-

I woke up late this morning and after laying around, getting sick of watching Netflix and YouTube, I decided to finally call Jimin back.

He picked up so fast it was almost as if he was staring at his phone knowing I was about to call.

He immediately put me on speaker and screamed for Tae to come into whatever room he was currently in.

Once they were together they filled me in on moving in to their place, how the neighbor to their left already hates them but the one to their right seems a bit more "approachable-ish" as Jimin put it.

He also said that the closet in Tae's room isn't big enough for all his cardigans and vests so he bribed Jimin with gummies and snacks to give him some of his closet space.

They were speaking over each other the entire time they were talking so it was quite hard to catch everything, but I think I got the gist.

After their little catch up session with me they asked how I've been doing and how the place is.

I told them it was technically a penthouse and it is super nice with lots of fancy stuff, that the view is spectacular and they had to come see it.

They were so excited to hear that and immediately told me to "shut my dumb face" and save any other news and updates until they saw me in person.

Then Tae coyly pointed out that it was the weekend before school starts so we were obligated by tradition to spend the evening together. I had to smirk at that.

Sneaky Tae's back at it again.

I know why he's really wanting to bring back this tradition and I can't say I'm opposed to the idea.

Quite the opposite actually...

Jimin had me send over a pin of my location so they could start driving. I got it sent over and within thirty minutes they were banging on the door.

As soon as they arrived they took about fifteen laps around the place inspecting every cupboard and closet they saw.

When they were done with their inspection they pulled me over to the couch and had me go over everything, starting from when they left Chanyeol and I in the parking lot all the way up to this morning.

I did as they asked and told them all the highlights while leaving a few things out.

I don't know why but I just felt like I shouldn't talk to them about Yoongi. At least not by name. So instead I told them about my phone call with The Owner and that Chanyeol failed to mention this was a paid job, not simply just a place for me to sleep.

Jimin rolled his eyes and was not surprised in the least when he heard that part. He followed the action with a snarky comment about how Chanyeol has always been forgetful.

That he was actually surprised to see that his cousin had a job with so much responsibility in the first place.

It was rude and I immediately felt the need to defend Chanyeol when he said that.

"He is incredibly responsible. So much so that I'd venture to say it's why he forgot to mention it actually. I spent the majority of my time with him on Friday and I don't think I've ever seen someone so busy. People can change a lot in six years. You should give him more credit." I say a little more sternly than necessary.

If only he had been able to see Chanyeol taking calls every ten seconds, making sure people have places to stay. Or the way Yoongi trusts his whole life to the man. Then he would see just how "forgetful" the guy isn't.

Both of their eyebrows shoot up at my tone before Tae lets out a dramatic gasp as if he's discovered a secret.

"Jungkookie, have you fallen for a Park?" He says in a teasing tone, hoping to have discovered some juicy drama.

"No Tae." I roll my eyes. "I'd like to think that he and I are friends and Jimin should just be a little nicer. That's all. Besides, I'm not the only one who trusts the guy. Hoseok does as well as the owner of this fancy ass apartment."

Realizing what I've just said my eyes widen and I snap my jaw shut.

I'm such a dumbass! I was trying so hard to avoid saying Yoongi's name that I let slip the name I really should have been avoiding. Especially in front of Jimin.

In his mind there is only one Hoseok, and that so happens to be the one I'm referring to.

Tae looks at me with a pout and his eyebrows slightly furrowed as if trying to recall if he knows of anyone I know by that name.

"What did you just say?" Jimin asks with narrowed eyes.

"I was just saying that Chanyeol-sunbaenim is a good guy." I say back without missing a beat.

My voice doesn't falter and I know my face shows indifference. He's not going to catch me on this.

"He said Hoseok." Tae repeats to Jimin.

Fuck you, Tae! I curse in my head as I shoot him a glare.

I probably could have played this off. Now I'm going to have to really sell this.

"Nope. I didn't."

"Yeah, you said that you think Chanyeol is great and so does Hoseok. Who's Hoseok?" Tae asks with his eyebrows still furrowed but a faint smirk is on his lips this time.

This goddamn guy knows what he's doing. He's trying to cause drama.

I wish I could record this for my mother. This is a prime example of bored Taehyung trying to pit me and Jimin against each other for the fun of it.

"He was one of the movers that came to deliver my bed. He was greatly impressed by your Hyung's hospitality." I say calmly.

Nice one Jungkook. Keep up the poker face.

Jimin leans towards me, pursing his lips in a tight line while his eyes search every inch of my face, looking for a crack in the mask.

Sorry bud, you're not gonna find one.

After he's completed his inspection he leans back to his previous position. "I saw snacks on the counter. Whatcha got?"

I nod with a big smile and begin listing off what I have in stock as I pull Jimin off the couch with one hand and reach the other out to Tae, flashing him a triumphant smile.

He sits pouting again, this time out of defeat, as he looks between my hand and my face before taking it.

He was hoping for a show. Thankfully he drops his efforts and accepts the loss.