Fan Meet

Taehyung's POV-

I couldn't sleep.

Well, couldn't continue to sleep, more like.

I slept for a few hours after I used the restroom but I can't seem to drift off again.

I just keep thinking back on my fight with Chim.

I was laying next to Koo, drawing shapes on his forearm with my fingertips while he slept peacefully until I just couldn't lay there anymore.

I climbed carefully out of the bed, being sure not to wake him up and made my way to the living room to sit on the couch so I could look at the pretty Christmas lights.

Looking at the lights seemed to help because I was able to think a lot more clearly about what happened. What was said.

I got mad at Chim because he wouldn't stop talking about the boy from his dance class; Taemin.

He was just going on about how great he was and how well they got along and Taemin this, Taemin that until I finally snapped.

I told him how I was surprised that his new bestie could even stand such a bratty person like Chim. That Jimin was lucky to have found someone so patient this early in the year.

I also told him that the guy probably didn't even really like him, he was just being polite.

I accused him of talking about this guy on purpose to make me jealous and told him that he was a selfish brat.

Then he turned the insult on me, insisting that I was the spoiled one.

That I can be such a whiny baby and I don't care about my friends' happiness.

He also brought up how none of my friends are actually my friends, I just keep acquaintances around and I should be grateful for the real friends I do have instead of taking them for granted and being an asshole.

I know none of the things I said were really true, everyone loves Jimin and he gets along with nearly everyone he meets, but the things he said to me made me think.

I don't really have any close friends... Only him and Koo.

I have a lot of people I've met and keep in contact with but I would say they are very superficial relationships.

Acquaintances that I am close enough with to not feel guilty or nervous to reach out to for a favor, but not close enough with them where I would drop everything to help them if they needed it. Not like I would with Koo and Chim.

I can be selfish. It's sometimes hard for me to think about things from an outside perspective, but I wasn't always like this.

I feel like I used to be a lot more compassionate but once I moved in high school and I went to my new school I changed.

Once I didn't have the person I loved with me anymore, didn't get to see him at will and have him to keep me grounded, I changed.

My heart hardened as a type of coping mechanism and I did become more selfish.

I need to be better at that. Better at seeing things from other peoples' perspective.

Now that he is back in my life I feel like I can do it. I don't have to be so closed off anymore.

I smile to myself as I think about the memories Koo and I have together. I should be thankful. I can see him whenever I want to again.

In the middle of my thoughts and self realizations I hear a door to my left open and close.