We'd only been sitting for a minute or two when the door was heard and Kook came back into the apartment.

He stopped just short of the corner where he would be in view of the couch to unclench his jaw, replacing the tension with a semi-relaxed smile on his lips before continuing around the corner to sit by his mother.

"Sorry about that. She just wanted to make sure I was okay." He smiles over at her as he leans back on the couch.

She places a hand on his knee as she smiles knowingly and says, "No she didn't dear."

His smile drops before his eyes snap over to meet mine and I flash him an apologetic smile. He rolls his eyes before looking over at Yeol who wears the same guilty face.

"Are you kidding me? I was gone for five minutes and neither of you could keep your mouths shut?"

"It's okay bun. He," she gestures to me, "just didn't want us to get off to a bad start and he," she gestures to Yeol, "was just being a good friend to your guy."

I feel my cheeks heat up a bit when she says "your guy."

"Okay... What did they say?"

"That she is Yoongi's ex that he recently split with and she is having trouble letting go."

He nods as she speaks, apparently not having a problem with the vague but true answer we had given.

"What I would like you all to explain to me is exactly how much trouble she is having letting go."

My jaw drops at her choice of words. Does she know something? How would she? Did Kook tell her?

She must have sensed my shock because she directs her next words at me.

"If she is having trouble coming to terms with the fact that you and my son are involved then it doesn't take a forensic science degree to piece together that she likely didn't come knocking on the door to check on Bunny's well-being."

I don't know what to say to that and the silence from the other tells me they haven't the faintest idea either.

"Does she stop by often or did someone tell her Bunny wasn't feeling well?"

I snap my jaw closed, blinking far too much to be considered natural but hey, this seems to be the only semblance of control my brain has over my facial expression.

That... that is a difficult fucking question to respond to.

She found out about Kook somehow but it wasn't from anyone in this fucking room. Highly doubt it was anyone else who's keen on the Irene situation either.

I look over to Kook and he is staring past me out the window with his jaw shut tightly. I don't think he told her a thing.

I then turn to Yeol and he is leaned forward with his elbows rested on his knees looking at the ground in front of him with an expression showing more confusion than shock.

She slowly looks between the three of us. "Well, I am meeting Taehyungie for lunch tomorrow. I believe Jimin and his guy will be there as well. You three are welcome to join us if you'd like.