19. Ladies Night Out

19/03/21

"I need a few drinks tonight!" Gabby says and exhales, then takes a sip of her gin and tonic.

It's 10pm on a Friday night, and you're at one of the usual bar spots that Sarah, Gabby and you usually hang out at. It's not as busy yet, but you anticipate more people will be filling up the space as the night progresses. Gabby is already with you since you both headed over together after a long afternoon and night of work. You carpooled together to your different work locations in your car, and you dropped it off at your place to take an Uber to the bar, so you guys can drink. Gabby usually crashes over at your place during these nights.

You're both just sitting at the bar, sipping on your cocktails and venting about work. A few minutes pass, and Sarah finally arrives.

"Hey, Ladies!" She envelopes you both in one big back hug as she stands behind the two of you. Then, she moves over to the empty bar stool next to you, where you had placed your jacket to save the seat just for her. A couple guys have already settled next to Gabby. They looked like a couple college guys. One of them seemed to be checking Gabby out and she was blatantly ignoring it.

After Sarah is able to get a bartender's attention and orders her drink, she leans over to look past you, and over at Gabby, "Hey, Gabz, has Melina told you about her new man?!"

"WHAT?!" Gabby unexpectedly screams in shock, "Um, Melina, why am I just hearing about this now?!"

"We've been so busy at work and such, it hasn't come up, okay? And, besides, it seriously just happened. We've only met last Sunday."

"Sunday...SUNDAY! Wait, at the Grammys?!" Gabby looks besides herself with excitement.

"Yes, Gabby. At the Grammys," you try to sound nonchalant.

"Okay, if you don't tell me who it is right now, I'm going to lose it! Tell me!" Gabby demands, looking at you expectantly.

You lean closer to her and try not to speak too loud, but enough for her to hear in a noisy bar, "You know the K-Pop group I'm a fan of and Hunter arranged for me to meet in the dressing room?"

"Yeah, I wish I was there in the room when it happened! I wanted to at least see your reaction! You love those guys! Fuck! You're not telling me it's one of them?!" She's so excitable, but that's typical Gabby, and you love her for it.

"That's exactly what I'm telling you." You try to say calmly but a huge smile breaks out on your face.

All of a sudden, the guy besides Gabby taps her shoulder, "Hi, I'm sorry to interrupt, but it looks like your glass is running empty. I'd like to order you a drink."

"I would love a gin and tonic, thank you!" Gabby flashes a quick smile at him. She's not going to turn down a free drink. She, then looks back at you.

"Mel, that's wild! Show me a picture, or tell me the name! I'll look him up," Gabby demands.

"Here!" Sarah beats you both to the punch and hands her phone over to Gabby. She had a picture of Yoongi, she found online, pulled up on her phone. Of course she picks one of him looking smoking-hot, with his tongue sticking out. As Gabby is holding Sarah's phone, she is holding it in a way that is out of view of the men next to her.

 As Gabby is holding Sarah's phone, she is holding it in a way that is out of view of the men next to her