14. The Voice of Reason

17/03/21

You and Sarah make it back home a little past 11pm. It seemed the men were really enjoying getting to know you and Sarah more during dinner.

Namjoon and Jin said they'd like to arrange another dinner and hopefully have Taehyung and Hoseok join. You agreed to the idea especially since you were receiving texts from Hoseok throughout dinner, asking how the night was going and saying how he wishes he was there.

"Mel! If it weren't for you, I would not have Jungkook's number! Like, how is this possible?! Anyway, you're the best!" Sarah says this while grabbing hold of your shoulders. 

"Take me out to a lobster dinner to show your thanks, then!" You wink at her.

"Oh, I'll wine and dine you, Babygirl!" She lets go and walks over to sit on the center of the sectional couch. You follow her and sit to her left, by the arm rest.

"Don't call me Babygirl," you giggle , "I'm off tomorrow, but you have an early day. Shouldn't you be getting ready for bed, Sarah?" You ask her as you plop your feet on her lap.

She nods, "Yes, but I need you to spill! First, I know you told me how you and Yoongi spent quality time talking about music and playing the guitar. But I feel like something more happened between you that you're keeping from me. I could tell by how you guys were interacting with each other during dinner!"

"Was it obvious?! Do you think everyone else noticed?" You look at Sarah, a little worried. You're not sure Yoongi wants anyone to know.

"I can't speak for everyone else, but I could sense something!  So, tell me what took place between you two last night!"

"Nothing! Well, I mean...we kissed?" You nervously admit knowing you were going to face the wrath of Sarah in 3...2...1...

"MELINA NAM-REYES!  WHAT THE HELL!"  She takes a deep breath, gathers herself and continues in a calmer but excitable tone, "Holy crap! How was it? You only kissed?!?! Nothing more? Are you serious? Explain, girl!"

"Yes. He kissed me first while we were in my office having a jam session. I kind of freaked out at first and pulled away. Plus my guitar was in the way, so it was an excuse to get up and put it away. And, when I got back to sitting next to him, the sight of his face made me want to kiss him back, so I did. It could've gone further. I felt like he wanted it to, but I stopped it," you recount to her.

"WHY?!" Sarah's eyes are the size of saucers at this point.

"I don't know. You know me, I get attached. If we fuck, it's not going to be easy when he leaves. You know how I am. I can get clingy when I like someone! And, maybe I just don't want to get hurt again."

"But, maybe, why not treat it as a fling? Wait, you've already developed feelings? Fuck. You did!"

"Yes. But, maybe I should let things happen organically between him now and worry about my feelings then, right?" You ask Sarah. You value her opinion when it comes to these things. She knows you well and won't stir you wrong with her advice.

"I really think you should. I mean, if your gut is telling you that you don't want things to go any further than what happened between you and Yoongi last night, then that's your choice. But, I could see the chemistry between you two tonight. I could tell by the way Yoongi kept looking over at you all night. He seems to enjoy being around you. And, vice versa. Let yourself feel however you want to feel about him. Don't deny those feelings. And when the time comes, when he leaves for Korea, you can figure it out then. And, you've got me as emotional support! Honestly, focus on now. Don't worry about about what will happen between the two of you in the future. You'll regret it if you don't at least see where this goes."

"You're right." I can't deny my feelings.

"Also, what's up with Jin. He was totally all over you!" Sarah has been rubbing your feet this whole time and you're so grateful for it.

"So, you caught that, too?! I have no idea about that! I just assumed that's his personality," you ponder out loud.

"He wasn't flirtatious with me at all tonight. Just you!" She teasingly argues.

You fire back, "Well, you weren't the one sitting next to him. Plus, you were pretty occupied with two-thirds of the maknae line!"

"I'm just pointing it out, Mel. It's just interesting," Sarah smirks at you, "I guess you're just irresistible."

"Oh, stop!" You can't help but giggle.

You think back to yourself to when you noticed how Yoongi reacted whenever Jin was interacting with you.

It's probably nothing.

*********

A/N:

🎵Song to check out: "A Little Less Sixteen Candles, A Little More 'Touch Me'" by Fall Out Boy

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend! If you enjoyed this chapter, please vote and comment! Thank you! ✨
-MissD