7. Unexpected Moments

15/03/21-16/03/21

"Hi, Parker." You acknowledge the man who tapped you on the shoulder.

Sarah decides to take herself out of this situation and you don't blame her. "I'm going to go grab a bottle of water. Do you want anything, Mel?" You tell her you don't and she steps away, leaving you standing in front of your ex.

"How are you, Mel?" Parker stands idly in front of you.

"I'm doing fine. I thought you would be on tour right now," You answer, slightly on edge. You don't know where this conversation will go.

"I am. we had a show in San Diego last night. We drove up here this morning."  He lifts a hand and rubs the back of his neck. "We have a couple shows here in town- one tomorrow and the other on Wednesday. I was wondering if maybe you could make it to one of them."

You furrow your brows.  "I don't know about that, Parker."

"Okay. I understand. But, if you change your mind, let me know. I'd really like it if you came out to see the band play. And, maybe we could grab a late bite to eat, like old times? I just want to catch up with you, as friends." He throws you a sweet smile that used to make you melt. Well, maybe it still has a little bit of an effect on you. That's not good.

"As friends, Parker? Actually... you know what? I'll let you know. Tomorrow might be a possibility, but I already have plans Wednesday night." You cannot believe you're considering this.

Parker's smile widens. "Yes, please think about it. It'll be at the Troubadour. I can add you on the list."

"Okay, but, I'm still not certain it's a good idea, Parker." You shove your hands in your cardigan pockets.

"Just, please consider it?" He just won't give up.

"Okay. Um, if you don't mind, I'm going to go look for my mother. I need to talk to her about something before I leave tonight. I'll text you what I decide, okay?" You tell him and he nods at you and you do an awkward wave at him as a goodbye. You turn and quickly make your way out of the garage.

You didn't really need to look for your mom, but that was the first excuse you could come up with. You decide to go to the back patio, where you greet more relatives.  You eventually get some brief alone time to look at your phone. You save the new contacts and decide to reply to them now while you have no distractions from family, friends or exes.

Since Jin and Hoseok both texted you with short, similar texts, along the lines of "I got your number from Namjoon and wanted to say hi," you quickly sent each of them a text saying how happy you are to be able to communicate with them now. Honestly, you're over the moon about it!

But, what Yoongi sent you was completely unexpected.

No, no! It's nothing provocative! You're not at that stage...yet! Who are you kidding?! You'll only ever be good friends with any of them, at best.

He did send you a string of lengthy texts, which is strange, coming from him. As a fan, you've heard that he's one of the members who's known to not text as much in the group. And, here you are receiving these long messages. And, what you read takes you by surprise.

Yoongi:
Hi, Melina. It's Yoongi. I asked Namjoon for your number. I hope it's okay I'm contacting you. All the guys seem excited to meet up with you. I'm looking forward to having you join us for dinner on Wednesday. I wish you could've met up with us tonight, but I heard you had plans with your family. Hope you have a great time with them!

Yoongi:
Also, I wanted to ask you something. Namjoon and I bumped into your colleague after our performance last night. I think his name starts with a K? He told us how happy he was that you were able to meet us. He brought up how you're also a songwriter and that you mention our songwriting to him all the time. He said you wished you were able to talk to us more about music and songwriting. I'm actually curious about your songwriting. Would you want to talk music with me?