46. Hate To Get In The Way

27/06/21

Soojin's 1st Person POV

"Yoongi, is there something going on between you and Melina?" I ask him while my arms are still around his neck. I'm trying to keep him from running after that woman who just sped off.

"What?" He mutters, pushing away from my embrace and looking in the direction that Melina was standing a moment ago. He had a dazed expression on his face. This woman must mean something to him.

Yoongi is a handsome man. I always found him attractive even when we were younger. But, for some reason, he never made a move back then. I assumed it was because I would either be involved with someone or he was interested in someone else.

I know there were times when we would annoy the shit out of each other. I never understood his interests and, yes, I made fun of the nerdy things he was into like anime and his music. We had different tastes. But, we were younger then. I feel like I've changed since then. And, I'm sure he's changed a lot, too.

I didn't think he would make it as a musician. I thought it was weird he was really into hip hop back then, but he definitely proved me wrong. It's impressive to see all the success he's made for himself. I'm proud of him. His group is doing so well, and they've definitely contributed to our country's economy.

I thought we were getting along well every time I came to Seoul for business. He would make the time to meet up for coffee with me. I feel like he and I would be great together. We are both successful in our chosen professions- him as a well-known entertainer and me as a thriving business woman for Hyundai Motor Company, the largest car manufacturer in our country. His group is a global ambassador for Hyundai. It's perfect. We'd be perfect.

We'd be a total power couple. We're both gorgeous and I'd look great in his arms at events. We would totally compliment each other. I know it's frowned upon for music idols to be in relationships, but he is getting at that age where he should start looking for someone to settle down with. And, I honestly think we'd be perfect together. We already grew up together. We have history and our families already get along so well.

"Are you dating Melina?" I ask him, coolly.

"She's an important person," he says, not giving much away. She wouldn't have reacted that way if there weren't feelings, at least on her side. If there are feelings, I don't mind getting in the way. She seemed upset, and maybe if I keep him here longer, I can convince him that she's not worth it. All he needs is right in front of him.

"Is she your girlfriend?" I further probe.

"It's none of your concern, Soojin," he says, his face looking stoic.

"So, you are together, aren't you?! Are you worried about the media catching on?" I ask him. Oh, I would find a way to let this kind of information leak, one way or another.

"I didn't say she's my girlfriend. She's grown to be one of my closest friends as well as a trusted colleague. That's it," he says trying to convince me.

"So, if she's just a friend, then, I think she's fine. I mean she seems to like you if she reacted that way, but if you only see her as a friend, I say give her space. Plus, I feel like I could please you just right." I try to get close to him again, but he holds his hands out in front of him.

"Soojin, I'm sorry, but I only see you as a friend. I don't think I could see you as anything more than a good family friend," he says to me while looking at me with a stern expression.

"Yoongi, after we've been meeting for coffee every time I'm in town, I feel like there's something growing between us. And, honestly, I'm attracted to you, Yoongi. You must have some kind of attraction to me. I felt it when we would meet up."