41. Third Backstage Encounter

12/05/21

"And, the Billboard Award goes to...BTS!"

You wanted to jump out of your seat and cheer your heart out for the seven men, but you keep yourself composed. Instead, you applauded and whistled out. Pheobe knows you're a fan,  that you're acquainted with them because of the Grammys, and that you've written a song with Yoongi. But, that's as much as she knows.

Pheobe is having a successful night herself since she won the award for Best New Artist, which was one of the first awards given out for the night. You were insanely proud of her. As she walked up to accept her award, the song you wrote with her was playing. You saw Yoongi, a few rows in front of you, turn around and make eye contact with you. He had the gummy smile flashing and winked at you. Your heart skipped a beat. He even texted you right after that saying how hearing the song playing in the venue made him so proud of you.

You thought to yourself how nuts you were for having a long moment of weakness after saying goodbye to him in Tokyo. You kicked yourself for almost letting yourself give up. But, how could you give up on someone who seems to cheer you on as much as you cheer him on? The mutual admiration between you is palpable. The care and feelings you have for each other is growing stronger, even with distance. You can't let all of that go right now. Yes, it may seem like you almost called it quits, but you didn't see it so much that way, but more so as you having to think about your feelings. The fact that he was willing to work through it with you- you felt that it made your bond that much more solid.

A few minutes had passed since the boys accepted their Top Social Artist Award. You headed backstage with Pheobe so that she could start preparing for her performance. She had her band with her in the dressing room, but, she also wanted you to keep her company.

As you were sitting on the couch, someone appears at the door and you recognize him. It's the manager who works closely with Yoongi, Mr. Han!

"Excuse me. Hello, I am here to see if Melina is available to come with me for a moment? One of the musicians I represent would like to meet her about some music business. BTS would also like to meet Miss Pheobe as well. Do they have a brief moment?" You hear Mr. Han ask Phoebe's manager, who's closest to the door. He was loud enough for both Pheobe and you to hear.

You nod and Pheobe was thrilled to accept. So, you both follow Mr. Han out all the way to the room that the boys are occupying at the moment. They stayed backstage after accepting their award because they are set to present an award right before Phoebe's performance. They had a busy night with two nominations, presenting and performing later!

As you and Pheobe enter the room, you are greeted by enthusiastic hellos by all the boys. The first to greet you is Hobi. He rushes up to you and gives you a hug. Everyone else follows suit and gives you hugs, as well. They were more formal with Pheobe and they each gave her a bow and a handshake, similar to how they were with you during the Grammys.

Yoongi is the last one to give you a hug. He finds a moment when Jimin, Jungkook and Jin are talking to Pheobe, and she has her back turned towards both of you. Yoongi gives you a quick peck on the lips. The only other people who are currently in the room besides Pheobe and the group are managers who are already aware of the two of you, so the coast is clear.

You got lost in a conversation with Yoongi, Namjoon, Hoseok and Taehyung in Korean, when Pheobe politely tries to get your attention.

"Hey, Mel! My manager is here to come fetch me. I have to head back to the dressing room to really get ready! You stick around and catch up with the boys! Mr. Han said he'd escort you back to either the dressing room or back to our seats!" She smiles at you as she places a hand on your shoulder, squeezing it gently.

You move closer and grab her other hand, cupping it in your hands, "Pheobe, break a leg out there and sing your heart out! I'll make sure to be in the crowd cheering you on!"

"Thank you, Melina!" She beams at you and looks around to all the men, "Gentlemen, it has been a pleasure to meet you all!"

They all say goodbye to her and wish her luck on her performance as she exits the room with her manager.

As soon as she's left, Yoongi grabs your hand to walk you over to the corner of the room for a little more privacy.

"Jagi, I missed you," he smiles softly at you and your heart turns to mush.

"I missed you too, Yoongi... I mean you already know that from all our conversations! Anyway, I'm so proud of you boys for winning the award, yet again! Though, can't say I'm shocked!" You return a soft smile back to him.

Yoongi chuckles and places his hands on your cheeks. He leans in kissing your lips, then the tip of your nose, and then he backs away. He reaches in his back pocket for something. What he yanks out is a purple usb drive. It appears to be labeled.

He holds out the usb drive to you and you take it from him. You read the label and it says 'Five Thousand Miles.' You look at him questioningly and furrow your brows.

"It's a working title. We can think of something else if you want. But, that holds the song that we wrote together, Jagi. I meant to give it to you in Japan, but I felt like something was missing. So I worked on it some more and I hope you like it," he says sincerely and gives you a soft smile.

What neither of you expect next was for you to start tearing up. Tears start falling down your cheeks. The emotions hit you.

"Jagi," he says worried even though he can sense your tears are happy ones. He grabs hold of your free hand, gently squeezing it in hopes it would comfort you.

"I just didn't expect this, Yoongi. I can't wait to listen to the finished product.This is so sweet, baby," you say, a bit choked up.

"I'm nervous for you to hear it," he says, his voice matching his statement.

"Yoongi, you don't need to feel nervous," you tell him as you give him a comforting smile, "Do you think we'd be able to listen to this together before you leave?"

He tucks some hair behind your ear and leans in for his mouth to be close enough to it, "I'd always make time for you, Jagi."

*********

A/N:
I considered using a completely fictional character as the musician who Melina co-wrote a song with and who is nominated for the Best New Artist award, but I decided to go with an actual musician. I just want to note that this story is completely fictional- I take no credit for any song Pheobe Bridgers wrote. But, her style of music and her lyrics is what I imagine Melina would come up with. So, in this alternative universe that I write, Melina co-wrote a song with Pheobe Bridgers. It could be the song, "Kyoto" below. Or, it could be another song from her latest album, "Punisher." I never specify. I'll leave it up to you. Check out her whole album!

Also, I wrote this long before the BBMAS 2021 date was announced. I thought I would change the date, but then it would throw the timeline off. So, although the actual BBMAS 2021 is on May 23, in this alternative universe, it's on the 12th. (5/20/21)

🎵Song to check out: "Kyoto" by Pheobe Bridgers

I appreciate you! And, please, don't forget to vote and comment! ✨
-MissD