Epilogue

15 Years Later

Your daughter, Hwayoung, is now nineteen years old. She's currently on summer vacation from college. You and Yoongi told her that she could do anything she dreams of doing. What she really wanted was to attend the same college as you and thankfully she was accepted to UCLA, and she just finished up her freshman year of college. She hasn't decided on a major just yet and is just currently focusing on general studies. As of right now, she's leaning towards a career in education but she wants to minor in music like you did. The passion you and Yoongi have in music has definitely rubbed off onto your children.

She's currently dating a nice young man named James, who's also attending UCLA. Like you and Hwayoung, this young man is planning on having a minor in music. Oh, and let's not forget that he's in a band. Yes- your own daughter is following your footsteps and falling for musicians! Are you shocked? Not really.

Your son, Jaeseok, is seventeen years old and he will be entering his senior year of high school. He is doing a home school program since he likes to travel with you and his dad back and forth between Los Angeles and Seoul. You gave him the option of staying in LA if he wanted the full school campus experience. You told him he could stay with his uncle, who he admires, or his grandparents, but he much prefers home schooling. He's as studious as you were in school and so homeschooling is effective for him. He still stays focused and puts a lot of effort into his academics. So, you and Yoongi let him have his way there. At first, your main concern was him not having friends. And, that ended up not being much of an issue. He has friends thanks to his many cousins and their friends, as well as friendships with the children of the other BTS members. In fact, he has quite the crush on one of the BTS men's daughters*. He actually admitted it to Yoongi not too long ago. And, being the good husband he is, Yoongi relayed the information to you. You're Jaeseok's mom! You definitely deserve to know! And, you actually think the match would be perfect! This crush might be influencing his choice in colleges because he has been looking into schools in the east coast. As long as he's considering higher education, you don't mind wherever he chooses to attend.

You and Yoongi, along with most of the boys of BTS, have established yourselves as sought after song producers and songwriters. Originally, Yoongi started the company, Bulletproof 7 Entertainment with RM, while BTS was still active. Then, after a year, J-Hope joined and when BTS went on their first indefinite hiatus after everyone served their military time, most members are contributors as producers and songwriters. Some members focused on solely just music, while others decided to go a different route in their careers, still incorporating music in their lives, but also dabbling in other areas, such as acting for a couple of the members. But, all-in-all, everyone is successful in their own ways.

The music company, that is under HYBE, is thriving and has worked with many successful Korean artists, as well us artists from all over the world. The company specializes in various genres. The boys like to push their boundaries and they always seem to make the right decisions when it comes to music. The men, as well as yourself, have received awards for songwriting and producing.

Throughout the years, you and Yoongi had each other when you faced some tough family times such as losing close family members, including grandparents on your side as well as Yoongi's side. The only one living of your grandparents is your halmeoni. You and Yoongi try to constantly visit and keep her company. She loves when the two of you are able to bring her great grandkids along.

Jake, who has been bi-sexual since high school, fell in love with a man named Mikey a couple years after you and Yoongi were married. Thankfully, you and Jake were brought up in a progressive household and your parents were accepting and adore Mikey. You were happy for them because you saw how much they love and respect each other and all you want for your brother is to find the love that makes him happy, and he found that in Mikey! Anyway, they waited a while to get married, but, they eventually did and this year would mark their 10-year anniversary.

Oh, and what about Soojin?! Her efforts to seduce Yoongi changed quickly when she decided she wanted to try to get with Jin years ago. That was a bit of an issue he had to deal with.**

Speaking of Seokjin, with him and the rest of the boys... if you're wondering what happened to them, well they all had some crazy journeys, as well! You're just glad that they are still very much a part of Yoongi's life, as well as yours.

~

The two of you are currently in the backstage area of the Olympics Gymnastic arena in Seoul, where the men of Bangtan are set to perform a reunion 2 night-concert over the weekend. The tickets, of course, were sold out within minutes!

Today, the men are just going through rehearsals. You stand off to the side watching the vocal line rehearse 'Zero O'clock.' Yoongi stepped away for a moment to discuss something with one of the managers. As you watch the men sing their hearts out, you start thinking of all the memories you had back then, with Yoongi, in various backstages. And, as if Yoongi could read your mind, he comes behind you and wraps his arms around your waist and croons into your ear.

"Jagi, care to find a vacant area with me? I need you right now."

*********

A/N:
And, that's a wrap! It is officially the end of 'Backstage Encounters'! How are you all feeling?! I really truly hope you enjoyed the story.

*The daughter will be revealed when that particular member's story happens! Can't spoil it now! I may come back and edit this part if I remember! (March 2021)

**Can't really elaborate on that too much! Just have to wait for Jin's ff!

🎵Song to check out: "Outro: Her" by BTS

As always, please vote and comment! Thank you for following Melina and Yoongi's journey! If you'd like, definitely please check out the other BTS members' journeys! ✨ Borahae, forever!
-MissD