21. Safety and Precautions

20/03/21

It is now Saturday and currently 1 in the afternoon. You receive a text from Yoongi. It's one of many, since you've both been consistently texting each other throughout the day, whenever both your schedules permit.

You're currently sitting in a corner of a cafe where AFI is doing an interview with a magazine publication

You're currently sitting in a corner of a cafe where AFI is doing an interview with a magazine publication. After this, you are all going straight to a guitar company's head quarters to shoot videos of the guys playing some songs live on the premise. It's a way to show the band's partnership with the company, on social media, since they have an endorsement contract.

Since the interview is close to being done and you are not fully needed at the moment, you quietly excuse yourself and step outside the cafe to call Yoongi.

Yoongi:
"Hi, Jagiya! Did I catch you at a decent time? I don't want to keep you from anything."

Melina:
"Oh, now is a great time, Yoongi, or else I wouldn't have called you! The band is doing an interview at a cafe right now. I was sitting in, but they're fine without me for a few minutes. After this, we have to rush over to shoot some videos of the guys playing some of their songs live for a guitar company they have an endorsement with."

Yoongi:
"I actually would like to see the band play again. They were great at the Grammys. I wish I could join you. Plus, I'd get to see you."

Melina:
"Aww, I wish you could join us! And, baby, you'll see me tonight."

You hear his cute chuckle. It makes you swoon every time!

Yoongi:
"I know! By the way, looking at my schedule, I should be back at the hotel around 10pm. When the time gets close, I'll send someone from the staff to pick you up. I've discussed it with Sejin and the other managers, and it's best you're brought over here so they can escort you safely."

Melina:
"I'm just shocked the company is taking these kind of measures for personal situations like this."

Yoongi:
"To be honest, a couple of the members are also in relationships. They allow us to explore being in relationships and date. But, for safety reasons, they go the extra way and that's why they're willing to take precautions. To keep media and any threats away, they're willing to take those measures. They care about the safety of the members and anyone close to us. That's why I insisted on you being picked up tonight."

Melina:
"Wow, I see. Well, I feel very safe in your hands, Min Yoongi."

Yoongi:
"Of course. I want you to be safe, Jagi. I don't want you to face any harm. I'll make sure sasaengs are kept away from you."