Prologue

A/N: This serves as Melina's backstory before we really delve into the actual story!

*********

Lately, your life revolves around wrangling a bunch of grown, tattooed men who make beautiful noise. Yes, you manage a popular 4-piece alternative/punk band. They are a crazy bunch but they don't make your job boring at all, and you wouldn't have it any other way.

In your adolescence, you grew a love for alternative rock music. Don't get it wrong- you love music in other genres like R&B, hip-hop, and lately K-pop. But, in high school, it was common to find you at punk and metal concerts with friends. Live music was heaven for you. The pulsating sounds of drums. The shredding of guitars. The heavy sounds of bass guitars. The aggressive and melodic vocals from the frontmen. People going wild around you in the crowds. It's pure bliss.

Music is just a fundamental part of your life and you knew that you always wanted a career that involved music, in one way or another. Now, 29, you are happy to say that you're doing a job you love- being a band manager. 

Not only is your career where you want it to be, but you also have a close-knit circle of friends who you are grateful to surround yourself with, especially your roommate, Sarah, and your work colleagues, Gabby, Kelen, and Will. You are all single and you all sure do take advantage of going out on your free time when you can find the time.

When your friends and you go out, you are always hopeful to meet someone. But, let's face it- clubs and bars aren't necessarily crawling with stand-up eligible men, at least not for you! It's frustrating!

You have dated men you've met in the music industry. It was inevitable because musicians are your weakness. You were even engaged to one- Kevin. He was a guitarist for a pop punk band and they're super successful in their music scene.  You and Kevin were together for a little over two years. You really loved him, but there were reasons why it fell apart. The main reason it did not work out was because he eventually fell in love with someone else. So, obviously that's why the engagement was broken off. You'll be honest, you've moved on since then, but there are times when that heartbreak affects you and it definitely makes you insecure about yourself.

You travel a lot and your work life consumes so much of your time that it's been difficult to maintain a relationship. You don't think it's impossible for you to find someone who can handle your lifestyle. You're willing to try if the person is worth it, but no one has proven to be worthy. Or, no one seems to really want to try to commit to you. You feel so unlucky when it comes to love.

When will your luck change?

*********

A/N:
Hello! Welcome to this new fanfic story! I appreciate you checking it out! It's my first! I thought this would be a good way to channel my stress during this crazy time our world is facing!

I do want to address something. When I started writing this fan-fiction, it was originally going to be a Yoongi x Reader story. I had about 5 chapters down, in my drafts, before deciding to use an original character. I decided to go with an oc instead of Y/N when I started thinking about making a 7-part series where this main character (Melina) would appear in the other 6 stories. I didn't want it to be Y/N appearing in the other stories. So, that's why this story has Melina in a 2nd person perspective instead of 1st person/3rd person perspective.

I hope you beautiful readers are doing well!

Also, I think it'll be fun if I suggest a song at the end of each chapter. I'll try to pick/songs artists that tie with the chapter! I'm also going to keep the music genres diverse.

🎵 Song to check out: 'Creep' by TLC

Like the character Melina, I love 90s R&B. I was a 90s kid and I used to be obsessed with TLC.

Anyway, please vote and comment! Thank you! ✨
-MissD