5. Text Messages and Pending Plans

15/03/21

"MEEEEEEELLL!"

You hear Sarah screaming your name upstairs in your shared condo. It's 6:15 in the morning and you assume she just woke up, so where did she get the energy to scream like that? Anyway, you continue going through emails. You hear Sarah quickly walking down the stairs to meet you in the kitchen. She sits on the empty bar stool next to you and places her phone on the kitchen counter beside your laptop. You already know what this is about and you try to look neutral when picking up the phone. Even though, inside, you're doing somersaults! You see that Namjoon had sent the message past midnight.

Unknown Number:
Hi, Sarah. Good morning. This might sound strange, but I met your roommate, Melina, at this event tonight. We were briefly talking music business. We wanted to further discuss things but we weren't given enough time to exchange contact info and I didn't have my phone on me. She did had me a piece of paper with your number on it. She said I could get her contact info from you. Thank you for your time!

After reading the message, you text yourself Namjoon's phone number through Sarah's phone.

"Ooookay? So? Are you writing a song for someone? What's this about?" Sarah questions you while grabbing your coffee to take a sip. Typical Sarah.

Oh, by the way, you have written songs for bands. That's the other way you make a living. But, more on that later!

You weren't going to keep this a secret but you wanted to surprise her, hence why you kind of suggested to Namjoon to be anonymous. You also suggested anonymity in case he didn't feel comfortable sharing his identity. But, you figure, if he wants to get to know you, you're going to want them to meet your best friend. And, you definitely want to introduce Sarah to the boys, if it's the last thing you do. You're after that 'best friend/roommate in the world'  title!

You look at her with a smirk on your face and begin to reveal who the person is. "Well, you're sitting down, so that's good. I want you to not lose your shit when I tell you who it is."

And, of course she already loses it.

"IS IT JUNGKOOK?!?!"

"Calm down, Sarah!" You couldn't help but laugh. Hey she's not far off! "I mean, your guess is pretty close!"

She spins on the stool to face me directly.  "You're telling me it's not Jungkook but someone else from BTS?! SHUT UP!"

You wink at your excitable roommate and proceeded to recount last night's events to her. The whole time, Sarah just stares at you wide-eyed and shocked.

As soon as she's absorbed all the information, she looks at you with the most serious expression, "What are you waiting for? Shouldn't you be texting him right now? HOLD UP! I can reply to his text!"

"No, Sarah! Let me text him first and if it's okay, you can respond and admit you know him, as long as he's okay with it. But, please let me communicate with him first. Got it?!"

"Yeah, yeah. I got it," Sarah says in a fake annoyed tone but quickly changes it into an excited one by continuing out loud with her thoughts. "This is crazy that he wanted your number just because he says they want to get to know you more?! You better introduce me to your new friends!"

"In due time, Sarah," you answer her while you giggle.

You then reach out for your phone, saved Namjoon's number and texted him in Hangul*.

Melina:
Hey, Namjoon! It's Melina. I got your number from my roommate.

~