61. Five Years After 'I Do'

About seven months into Yoongi being in his military service, in 2023, you decide to try your luck and apply for a job as a manager for Stone Music Entertainment.  You were hired and worked for them for a significant amount of time. You started as a manager, but, when the company learned about your experience as a songwriter, you slowly segued into being part of the songwriting team. You ended up meshing really well with the team, and you also learned a lot about producing during your time with them.

A position opened up in BigHit, about a couple months before you and Yoongi got married. Yoongi encouraged you to apply as a songwriter and producer. You were not sure if they would hire you because of your relationship with Yoongi, but Bang Sihyuk was willing to meet with you and interview you to see if you were a good fit with the company. He already knew you well enough, since he considers you part of the Bangtan family, but this was business and, as professionals, he wanted to make sure he would be making the best decision, so he put you through the rigorous interview process. You appreciated it because at least he was not just handing the position over to you. You like that you had to prove yourself. You obviously had major support from Yoongi and the boys, and in the end, you really did prove yourself and, of course, Bang PD offered you the opportunity to be part of the writing and producing team.

And, now, you currently have dual citizenship in the United States and South Korea. It was a grueling process but it was worth going through. You and Yoongi have a home in Los Angeles, as well as two homes in Korea- one in Seoul and one in Daegu, which is convenient whenever you're visiting Yoongi's family. You both definitely try to travel there as much as you're able to while in Korea.

Yoongi has a work visa in the US since he has a record company he started with Namjoon, called Bulletproof 7 Entertainment, which is now a company under Hybe*. The company is something that the two men had been dreaming up for a while, and as soon as Namjoon returned from his military service, they started the process. They went through a lot of negotiations and plans with Bang PD, and he believed in them, knowing that they would produce some magnificent results. And, the men, who eventually are joined by Hobi, proved the CEO of BigHit right. They are a currently thriving company. They have their headquarters in Los Angeles, but they also have a location in Seoul, by the BigHit headquarters.

You, of course, work for their company as an in-house songwriter and producer. The company has artists in varying genres, and you work closely with the pop and folk artists. Yoongi and RM developed a love for folk music and decided to dabble in it, taking in western and Korean artists. Of course, their number one genre is still hip hop and they have been working with talented rappers and discovering new artists that they have helped gain recognition through the help of their songwriting and producing.

You and Yoongi even released a folk album* mostly with you on main vocals and him doing a lot of supporting vocals. The two of you played the guitar, together, on the whole album. Yoongi has become such a great guitarist. When you first met him, he was still learning and showed great promise, and now, you are in awe of his skill.

Anyway, the album was just supposed to be a fun project, but, for some reason, it ended up being well-received and even won some awards. People didn't expect such an album from Yoongi. But, many raved about it.

The biggest life change is that you and Yoongi have a family of your own now! The two of you have the most gorgeous and sharp four year old daughter named Hwayoung and the most handsome and precocious little two year old son named Jaeseok. Those kids are insanely spoiled, by not only the two of you, but also their grandparents and relatives, as well as the Bangtan Boys! Those guys adore them! Though, no one loves them quite as much as their father.

Yoongi has been an amazing dad to Hwayoung and Jaeseok. You obviously weren't surprised he would be great in fatherhood, but he's after you for the best parent award, that's for sure! Your children are so lucky to call Yoongi their father. It melts your heart when you see him spending time with both of them whenever he takes daddy duty during the times when he senses you need a break and some rest or because he just wants quality time with them.

You and Yoongi dreamed of having a daughter and a son and you can't believe it came true. Not everyday of parenthood is perfect, seen as you've had many difficult moments! But, you and Yoongi learn from each other through trial and error and make the best team.

You and Yoongi have been going strong. Your love for each other grows as the days go by. You couldn't have dreamt it possible that you would constantly fall more and more in love with him, but you do. You couldn't imagine not having him in your life.

You're grateful that the two of you stuck through all the hard times, the distance being the main struggle when you first started your relationship. But, thankfully, the two of you were able to weather through all those hardships. You felt like it was your love for each other that gave you that strength.

*********

A/N:
So, I lied! This isn't the last chapter! I decided to add one more chapter, which was inspired by 21stCentury-Noona . So, the next chapter will go out to her! In my author note for chapter 60, I asked readers what their ideal wedding would be and I loved her answer. And, since it was mentioned in that chapter that Melina and Yoongi were planning on doing another celebration when all the members could be present, I thought this would be perfect. I wasn't planning on another chapter at all, but I just had to! And, I actually liked how it turned out! 😊

*BigHit Labels just changed their name to HYBE (the parent company, not BigHit Entertainment, which still exists!).

**There was a video called 'BE-hind Story' Interview that BigHit put out on their YouTube channel where each member had to interview another member about their part in the recording process of the album 'BE.' Namjoon had asked Yoongi what some of his future goals are and he mentioned writing folk music. This came out around the time I was writing this chapter. I thought it was perfect since Melina leans more towards writing folk and alternative rock music.

🎵Song to check out: "Sea of Love" by Cat Power

Thank you for making it this far in the story! I really hope you enjoyed it! Please, vote and comment! All the finger hearts to you! ✨
-MissD