10. Meeting or Date?

16/03/21

"Seriously! Take a deep breath, Mel!"  Sarah is standing beside you, in front of your closet.

You're both rummaging through your clothes, trying to figure out something for you to wear that will make you feel confident going into this meeting with Yoongi.

You've narrowed it down to a few options. You realize that you're slowly running out of time to get yourself ready. You trust Sarah's judgement and turn to her, "Pick something out of these top contenders," pointing to the possible choices laying on your bed. You start spewing out a string of words like you've gone crazy,"I'll wear what you decide! I want to shower! I need fresh make up and I need to do something else with my hair! I look like a wreck right now!"

"Calm down, Mel!" Your best friend tries to keep you from losing your mind. She reminds you to think about how this is no different than meeting up with any other fellow songwriter. "Yoongi will show up and you guys will go get milk tea at a place that you're comfortable going to! At least you won't be going to some ritzy restaurant. I know those type of places give you anxiety." She chuckles, and continues, "Now that I think about it... Yoongi is going to be here at our place!!! He's going to walk on our floor! Okay, now I'm freaking out! Oh crap! Is our place clean enough?!"

You scrunch up your face at her, "Okay you need to keep your composure for both of us! I'm going to shower now!"

~

It's 6:30pm. You and Yoongi have been exchanging text messages. Around 6:15pm, he informed you that he was leaving the hotel with one of his managers. You don't expect him to arrive until after 7pm because of LA traffic, but you're fine with that! It gives you more time to mentally prepare.

You give yourself a once-over in front of your full body mirror. You ended up opting for a pair of black skinny jeans, a loose-fitting white t-shirt and a dark green baggy knit cardigan. And, you have a pair of black suede ankle boots set aside by your front door, ready to throw on before Yoongi arrives. Your attire is perfect for the cool weather on this particular March* evening.

Your hair is put up in a top knot with your bangs slightly parted in the center. You went with subtle make-up. Nothing too elaborate, even though vampy make-up has always been your signature look. In high school and college, you were always obsessed with pin-up fashion and makeup you still incorporate all of that to your daily look when appropriate. You've even done pin-up photoshoots for your close photographer friends, Vanessa and Nicole. And, in your industry, it's actually a style that works well for you. But, since you are just going out for some milk tea tonight, you didn't want to over-do it.

Once you are content with your appearance, you decide to head downstairs. You find Sarah lounging on the couch watching 'The History of Swear Words' on Netflix while looking through her phone.

Sarah looks up from her phone and whistles at you while you make your way to the opposite side of the couch. "I think you look like perfection, hon! And, to think we get to do this again tomorrow- but this time we both have to figure out what to wear! Maybe I'll look at my closet tonight!"

You plop on the couch and frown at her realizing that she's right. "Oh crap! You get a head start in putting together an outfit! I probably have to plan a last minute outfit for tomorrow!"

You start paying attention to the show Sarah has on. Nicolas Cage cursing like a sailor on the show is oddly calming your nerves.