2nd Author's Note and Thank You!

Hi, All!

I decided to write a more proper author's note than the previous one I have up! At the time that I was finishing up writing 'Backstage Encounters,' I was completely doubting myself with this series.

Months after I finished this story and I am glad that I continued with the series! Who knew I would be at 30k+ reads and 2k+ votes now (12/19/2021)! It means so much to me that you all gave my book a chance and supported it through reading and voting! Seriously, I'm so grateful!

Because of these reading and voting milestones, I thought it would be a good time to release this more detailed author's note!

I had deleted a good amount of what I had written in the previous author's note. A lot of it had to do with how I'm trying to put this whole series together, where all the members' stories connect. But, then, I had a moment, back then, when I wasn't going to complete my Bangtan series. Now that I am continuing the series, I really want to discuss it here! And, not only will I talk about that in this author's note, I'm also going to discuss what motivated me to start writing this Yoongi ff, along with the three other ffs ('Worthy Of An Idol,' 'Responsibilities Of An Idol Leader' and 'Heartbeats In Sync'). I'm also going to share some inspiration I had that helped with this storyline and the series as a whole. Also, I want to end this note with a special note to you, my readers and fellow authors.

I decided to write fanfiction as a way to calm me. Generally, I like to be crafty or draw- activities I find therapeutic. I get anxious so it helps to calm myself down when I draw or make something. Then, I started reading fanfics in 2020, when the pandemic happened. Being stuck indoors, I needed to entertain myself. I was inspired by certain fanfiction writers, so I thought I'd try my hand in it.

When I first decided to delve into writing my own fanfiction, I thought I was just going to at least write four stories, each one focusing on a BTS hyung-line member. The reason for that was because I just felt like there aren't as many fanfiction stories that focus on Namjoon, Hoseok, Jin, and Yoongi. I also thought that when I'd write these stories, they wouldn't be interconnected. I thought they would all be stand-alone stories, either with the story having the member actually in BTS, or the story having nothing to do with any of them being an idol.

When I started writing this fanfiction, I used a character who is loosely based on a good friend of mine, who calls Jungkook her bias. She's the friend that convinced me to start a fanfiction and to lessen my nerves, she offered to look over my first couple of chapters, since I have never shared this kind of writing, publicly. I thought, as an ode to her, not only will I write stories about the older members, I would write a Jungkook one for her. Plus, I'll be honest, he's a major bias-wrecker for me lately, so I wanted to do it for myself, too! But, then, that meant I needed to do a fanfiction for Jimin and Taehyung, as well! Looking back now, it seemed inevitable that I would write at least one story for each member since I'm truly an OT7 ARMY!

Anyway, with the Jungkook fanfiction, I wanted to use the character, Sarah, as a main character. So, of course, the Jungkook ff ended up being connected to this Yoongi story. When, I settled on a plot for the Jungkook fanfiction, I started coming up with the plots for the other five members and I was sold on doing a series!

With the series, I want each member to be at different points in their love lives. They are all experiencing a different stage of love. For example, one member is just finding love and handling a long distance relationship. Another has been committed for a while, while there is a member who just can't commit at all.

I wanted the female characters to be women with strength but also have their flaws. What I also wanted to do with all the lead female characters is to connect them all in one way or another- where they end up being able to depend on each other for support.

Now, for the concept of the story! Growing up, I loved going to concerts. When I was a teenager, my friends and I would go to shows to see bands perform at our local venues. We'd see well-known bands like My Chemical Romance and Blink-182, but then we'd see local bands. We just loved seeing live shows!

Of course, from those concert experiences, I grew this fantasy of what it'd be like to meet one of my favorite musicians backstage. Then, I was like, "I should take that fantasy and use one of the members in BTS to make a story!" Naturally, since it was my first fanfic, I used my bias, Min Yoongi, as the main lead character in the story. And, that's how I came up with 'Backstage Encounters'!

Also, it was just going to be one initial backstage encounter between my two main characters, which was during the Grammys. But, as I was writing, I thought it would be cool if Melina had a series of backstage encounters with Yoongi that end up being significant moments for them. And, I'm glad I went that route because I like how it just worked out. I'm satisfied with my story, as a whole.

Last, I want to show my gratitude to all of you who gave my book a chance. From the readers who read only a couple chapters to those who read it from start to finish- I'm grateful for anyone who checked out my book. Then, for you who voted and commented on this story- you have no idea how much that kind of support means. If you're also a writer, you get the feeling! It's nice to see all the sweet, thoughtful and hilarious comments and it motivates me to continue writing! I will be forever thankful that there are many of you who enjoy my stories.

Now, to my fellow authors who I have communicated with! There are particular authors out here who I've talked to through this platform and who have inspired me as well as have given me encouraging words. One particular writer, missyjo118, had shared some words to me back when I was having issues with my writing. I don't want to go into detail, but she was one of those people that made me realize that I shouldn't let others affect me. So, thanks to her, I continued writing! I had many others say similar things, so I'm just thankful to all of those people who gave me the confidence I needed. Authors like her, as well as TempralSinz,  BangtanAsh, and many of you other authors and readers will hold a special place in this author's heart for being supportive! I want to tag so many of you but I also don't want to accidentally leave out anyone! So, I hope you know who you are! If you're reading this, chances are you are one of those people who helped me continue to write!

I thought that when I would start sharing stories on here, I would only get a couple reads. I mainly wanted to write just for myself. And, since BTS is in the forefront of my mind, it's natural to use them as the perfect inspiration for my stories! I'm just happy that I was able to have a lot of you enjoy them.

My stories may come off as generic love stories. But, I try to write it in a way that the reader can put themselves in the shoes of the main character and escape reality while reading.

Now, I currently have three of my Bangtan Couples Encouters stories finished, with one (the Hoseok one) currently ongoing. I will eventually have the Jin, Jimin and Taehyung ones out eventually. For the meantime, I have standalone stories for Jin, Jimin and Taehyung, if you're interested. I never thought I'd write so many stories at this point, but I realized that I just enjoy writing for the fun of it. And, again, it helps calm me. Also, I keep coming up with so many ideas for stories that I just cannot help it!

If you read this entire note, I thank you for your time!

I adore you all! Borahae! 💜

💋
-MissD

💋 -MissD