60. I Do

03/05/25

Back in November of last year, 2024, Yoongi returned from his military service.  Those twenty months he was away definitely tested your relationship with him. But, in a way, all the time before that made the two of you strong enough to get through those months of not being together, physically. You two were already used to being separated so much in the past, it was as if it was practice for you being apart during his time in the military.

When he completed his service and came back, you were worried about how much it would change him mentally. But, he assured you he would get through it as best as he could, and he did. He's always been such a strong-willed person and you knew he would get through even the most rigorous times of his service.

It was hard for you, at times, during his absence, but you constantly reminded yourself of how much he means to you. And, the visits and calls that he was allotted really helped.

All you knew was that no one else made you happy. And, aside from your family and your best of friends, no one knew you and understood you better than Yoongi. Your love for him is as strong now as it was when you first said "I love you" to each other.

Today, May 3, 2025, you and Yoongi will be exchanging vows. You two are finally getting married!

You've been engaged to each other for three years, but you wanted to get married at a time that you thought was best for both of you. You and Yoongi agreed to wait after his military service was completed. And, three years has passed since he got on his knees, and you both still love each other, maybe even more so now.

It worked out, with the whole military service, since during the time he was gone, you were able to handle wedding plans with both your mom and Yoongi's eomma. Those women wanted to go big or go home with this wedding!  Before he left and even during the times when you were able to communicate with Yoongi during his service through calls or when you were able to visit him, he'd constantly assure you that you and both your mothers have all the say in the world on how the wedding turns out. He said that as long as you're happy with everything, he'll be content with how the wedding turns out. He said all he cares about is your happiness.

Yes, there's no way you're ever letting him go!

At first, you and Yoongi wanted to keep the wedding as low-key as possible. Neither of you are about being overly extravagant, but both your mothers wanted to make sure the wedding is as special as it can be. Neither you or Yoongi could really argue with your mothers, especially since both families are contributing greatly to the wedding.

BigHit allowed the public to learn about the big day. With other events that have happened to other members, ARMY has, for the most part, been more understanding of the BTS members' private lives. The fans still support them and they all still enjoy their music. But, not only that, fans are also excited for you and Yoongi! Of course there are still going to be those naysayers, but there's not so much you can do about that.

~

It is now that special day you and Yoongi have been waiting for.

The wedding is in Napa Valley, at the Meadowood Napa Valley Resort. You and Yoongi made sure to fly out family members from South Korea, the Philippines and your relatives that live in different parts of the US to stay there.

It was a huge turn out, bigger than you and Yoongi wanted, but your mothers insisted on having as much of the family and friends present! This is as big of a day for your parents and Yoongi's parents, so of course you let them have a major say in it. If they're happy, so are you and Yoongi.