35. Secret Vacation Plans

03/04/21-04/04/21

Yoongi's 1st Person POV

I make it back to the dorm a little past 7pm, ready to relax. I received a call from Melina an hour ago, but I wasn't able to answer it or listen to her voicemail. I've been eager to check it. I head to the living room and lie on the couch. As soon as I'm comfortable, I listen to her voicemail.

"Hi, baby. I'm just letting you know that Sarah and I finally made it home from Will's birthday celebration. I wanted to be home earlier! It's about 1am my time, so 6pm your time, I think? Baby, I hope work is going well! Still can't wait to hear about how the filming went! I wish you were in my bed right now, baby. Fuck, I miss youuu. I might fall asleep soon. Call me. I miss your voice. I miss your face. Okay. I can't wait to talk to you, baby. Bye."

Oh, Melina definitely sounded like she was drinking tonight! I can't help but to find her drunk voice incredibly cute. And, her saying those things- I know she's drunk, but it makes me miss her. Damn, I really wish I was with her to at least take care of her in her drunken state. Anyway, I'll definitely tease her about her voicemail message when I'm able to call her. I might wait around midnight, my time, and see if I can reach her.

I'm relieved she's home safe. But, a little part of me was weary the whole time she was out. She's free to go out and spend time with her friends. But, the thought of her at a night club didn't sit well with me. It's not that I don't trust her, I just know there are sleazy men at places like those. But, I need to push those thoughts away.

I go on different social media accounts and decide to comment on some fans' posts on Weverse.

A few minutes pass and I receive a call from my mom.

Yoongi:
"Hi, Eomma*!"

Eomma:
"Hi, Yoongi! How was work?"

Yoongi:
"It was good. I just got back from filming. How's everything going at home?!"

Eomma:
"Everything is going well, as usual! Yoongi, do you remember Son Soojin?"

Yoongi:
"Appa's friend's daughter? Yeah, we were kind of like friends back when we were younger."

Eomma:
"Yes, her! She'll be in Seoul in a week for business. I think she's staying there for a few days. Aren't you going to have some time off? You should meet up with her for lunch."

Yoongi:
"Actually, Eomma, I was going to tell you I made plans to take a trip to Japan for a week with a couple friends."

Eomma:
"Oh, well that's nice to hear you're actually going somewhere for your vacation instead of staying home and sleeping all day! Anyway, I guess you won't be able to meet up with Soojin, but, just a heads up that you might receive a phone call or a text from her. I gave her your phone number when she and her mom came to visit a couple hours ago for an early dinner."

Yoongi:
"Oh, she has my phone number? Well, I guess that's fine."

Eomma:
"Oh, honey, maybe I should've asked you first."